Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE)'s Discussions (3,116)

Discussions Replied To (32) Replies Latest Activity

"Stupendous read, Hugh, even for this gardening ignoramus. Hope your George Press Cam…"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied May 13, 2022 to The Gardens at Harringay House - the place, the plants the people

21 Jul 11, 2023
Reply by Hugh

"Hugh, glad to see you returning to the history of Wightman No.7.  Yes the "friendly…"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Mar 1, 2021 to Brief history of the recently closed convenience store on Wightman Road near Harringay Station

3 Mar 1, 2021
Reply by Hugh

"Madge must have been a woman of infinite patience and curiosity."

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Nov 3, 2020 to Madge's Study of the Development of the name of Haringey, Harringay and Hornsey

6 Dec 27, 2020
Reply by EMC2

"Burggraeve's well-heeled grandad wasn't King Leopold II by any chance?"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Jul 7, 2020 to The Brutish Belgian Lieutenant and 'The Mansion' in Wood Green

5 Jul 7, 2020
Reply by Old-Age-Emporium(OAE)

"Great work, Hugh.  I'm thinking of becoming a Freemason."

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Oct 20, 2019 to What Happened to the Men who Built the Ladder?

71 Jan 19
Reply by Hugh

"Posts about "Wightman Road Workshops" normally fill me with dread. How pleasant to f…"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Jul 30, 2019 to Calling all Local Historians about Wightman Road Workshop Building

9 Jul 30, 2019

"A very interesting selection, Hugh. Only thing that puzzles me is why, with such fin…"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Jun 25, 2018 to The Dust Destructors of Hornsey & Wood Green & Early 20th Century Recycling

5 May 5, 2021
Reply by Hugh

"Unlike Messrs Chigwell, Malone J.P. and Green I can understand the LCC's solicitude…"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Jul 31, 2017 to Calls for a Harringay Entrance to Finsbury Park Echo Edwardian Demands

7 Jul 31, 2017

"In 1802 young Percy Shelley would have only been a 10-year old stripling but I'm sur…"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Jan 26, 2014 to The scum uppermost when the Middlesex porridge-pot boils over!

3 Jan 27, 2014
Reply by John D

"Cough, splutter!  It pains me to  say this in the circumstances but The Railway Hote…"

Old-Age-Emporium(OAE) replied Feb 2, 2012 to Pub drinker attacks policeman

5 Feb 2, 2012
Reply by Ruth

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service