Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Attached.

Below is an image of the pedestrian/cyclist footbridge which is now in place, hanging out over the railway line alongside the foootbridge. Following the cyclist assault incident last week, note the cycle barriers.

Tags for Forum Posts: traffic, wightman bridge, wightman bridge closure

Views: 3521

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You try it sometime and feel that "I am unloved" feeling. It's awful. And you might be unsteady at low speeds but all you do is have your brakes on gently and 4mph (what I walk at) is no problem.

Well we could take the Harringay Passage as a point of comparison...if I see someone coming towards me on a bike, I will move my son from walking at my side to walk in front of me to allow space for them but in return I expect them to stop at the point when you actually pass so really it's about sharing the space in a sensible way. You can dismount and walk your bike and step back through the frame if you encounter people coming the other way if there's not much space to pass
Just walked over the pedestrian bridge and there are police/ community offices on the north side asking cyclists to dismount if game not already.
Attachments:

Thanks for reporting this, fleurie, shows that action is being taken following complaints here and elsewhere.

Funny, when I see complaints about drugs openly being dealt on Green Lanes on HoL, it's not followed up by the police. I guess some "crimes" are easier to "prosecute" than others.

They weren't there when I walked my bike over about 3-45.

It has really struck me that by far the majority of users of the bridge are cyclists  - and that numbers are likely to considerably increase as we get into summer weather and word gets around about what a great cycle route Wightman has become. It would be good to have better provision for bikes.

(I appreciate this is not a major issue in the context of everything . . )

Will Harringayonline go into receivership when October brings "closure" to the great and universal trauma of Wightman's 5/6-month closure?  Or, if you prefer, what the fuck will we talk about?

Indeed OAE. Where now are all the lost cats ?

I suppose, if we knew, they wouldn't be lost

Actually I was thrilled at the weekend to see that the forum listing was dominated by lost cats and things for sale...

Come now Eddie (OAE), we'll be talking about dragging the blocks back into place once the roar of traffic starts all over again & how the council duped (or should that be doped) us into thinking a traffic survey was going to lead to real change. That should take us up to Christmas. You must be enjoying a nice quiet cuppo tea up there on Wightman Walk. :)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service