Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Having just walked out of Iceland as soon as I walked in, I wonder who thought it was a good idea to let members of the dangerous and sinister religious cult that is Unified Church of the Kingdom of God (UCKG) do a bag pack there?

If anyone does not not about this nasty mysogonistic and homophobic money making scam masquerading as 'relgion' then see here http://www.haringey.org.uk/content/religion and there are plenty of examples out there as well.

This manager is not currently available, so i shall be emailing Iceland HQ instead, but in the meantime if you are shopping in there, don't give money to them.

Tags for Forum Posts: iceland, ukcg

Views: 4417

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ANONYMOUS Expose the truth -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkFQBmiNzRo

Further to my original post, I can think of at least SIX churches in the 'hood that would have given their right arm for this slot.

Of course, St Paul's is one, St Augustine Catholic Church is another, the Greek Orthodox is one more and the one that runs the food bank and the baptist church that runs a youth club - every one of them would have greatly appreciated the income from doing a bag pack and would have deserved it.

But those people have BILLIONS already, so how did they get their foot in the door?

How? Perhaps a member of staff - I watched this afternoon and one staff member was continually engaged with both of the hi-vis tabarded UCKG shopping packers. Said packers were also engaging with shoppers well beyond packing their bags and indicating their collecting buckets - but then evangelising is the name of their game.

My memory now jogged of my visit to Iceland this week, 20th I think, and young woman working at check out was busy chatting to customer behind me (I was readying to leave) about where he went to church, was he happy with it, why not think of  going to another one....  I thought at the time she was rather persistent on this and it was out of place plus delaying him getting his stuff scanned. This was not acceptable till-side chit chat really. 

She hadn't bothered asking me about which church I went to..... just as well. 

"If anyone does not not about this nasty mysogonistic and homophobic money making scam masquerading as 'religion'".

Oh, I thought you were describing a fair few interpretations of Islam. Whoever UKCG is they don't hold a candle to this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4036112/More-1-000-demonstr...

They are not in the local Iceland collecting money though.

They would do if they were given a chance. 

The source you have chosen to cite is less than reliable.

I had emailed Iceland last week.  I spoke to the manager today as they are still collecting.  I'm guessing the emails and tweets haven't filtered through yet.  I suggested he check out the organisation and did point out there are many reputable churches and charities in the area that would not meet with objections.

I am amazed that they are still collecting - it rather confirms my theory that the manager is a member of the church. I'm wondering if a phone call to head office is needed now. 

And as you quite rightly say, there are plenty of local churches and other community organisations that would have greatly appreciated such a slot. 

The church that runs the food bank on Wightman Road or even the Baptist Church that runs a youth club could have done a lot of very good work with the money raised. 

Yesterday, I was in Winchmore Hill Sainsbury, where local Explorer Scouts were bag packing to raise money for an expedition. When I ran a Beaver Scout colony we used to raise hundreds a day from bag packs.

But they are becoming ever more difficult slots to get as lots of the big supermarkets are now quite cautious of them and how they might affect their brand.

I gave the manager loads of links and information about them too and he seemed to be oblivious to them. I did ask him directly if he was a member of the church, but he said he did not want to talk about his religion. 

I emailed Iceland head office and complained of cult members masquerading as charity workers. Here is the computer generated reply

Dear Mr Foxe

Thank you for contacting us, here at Iceland each year we fund-raise for our Charity of the Year, as selected by our Executive Directors. 

This year our focus will be on helping to find a cure for dementia. Iceland will be supporting dementia research at the world renowned University College London (UCL). All funds raised will go towards the development of a vital new £350 million Dementia Research Institute to help find a cure for the disease – which affects one in three people alive today.

All our Store Managers have been made aware that any fund-raising should support this cause going forward. Again thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.

We look forward to seeing you in store again soon!

Kind regards 

Annalise Hughes

Iceland Customer Care

Goodness me. So not only are they collecting money without the consent of the company, they are in effect stealing donations that should be going to dementia research. What a Christian attitude!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service