Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

.. Is a solicitor's firm, ostensibly of the ambulance-chasing variety, is setting up shop in the empty building opposite the pub and has garishly adorned its frontage thus...

Surely this needs planning permission on account of its size and prominence? And surely the council will take action? ..

One thing is beyond doubt - this sign is a provocative eyesore. If it stays we can surely all agree the piazza dream is dead...

Tags for Forum Posts: 2012-13", harringay, regeneration

Views: 4183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John, this grumpiness about all and any change is entirely down to you and OAE deciding to give up your previous roles on this website.

Many other people have auditioned for the Statler and Waldorf characters. But none understood that cantankerous disapproval needs blending with witty and inventive send-up.

I was serious Alan. Posters on here have said what they wouldn't like. I was hoping that some would be positive and say what the WOULD like to see.

A branch of Tiger
or a men's clothes shop where a pair a jeans doesn't cost £150

I go along with those Michael. It sounds rather like Asda 

I was serious, so here's some more.

A sushi place (or Japanese)

a Waitrose

a yoga/pilates/personal training studio

an Oddbins or a decent indepedent off-license, anything that doesn't 'specialize' in Jacobs Creek, Tyskie and Stella.

a bakery that does sourdough loaves, baguettes,...

BTW. Did you know that one of the shops now occupied by Yasser Halim used to be a rather good branch a Threshers? In a way, it's not about gentrifying Green Lanes but more like turning the clock back 25 years.

It was, indeed, a very good branch of Threshers. The staff were really nice and very helpful, and I was sorry when they got closed down.

Interesting, I guess with Threshers going out of business and Oddbins struggling it's unsurprising a different type business moved in. 

For now, the Oddbins in Crouch End will have to do.

For craft beers try Deniz offie as they now stock a selection of London indie brewery beers and Severn Cider. For decent Cava at a reasonable price, I've always found Lion King much better than the supermarkets. Also if you know what you want, the guys in both offies are very amenable to suggestions I have found.

Deniz do stock some great local craft beers, but my god are they overpriced!

That's complete nonsense unless they've changed the pricing since I was last in there. Beavertown was around £2.70 a bottle which is about as cheap as I've seen it.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service