Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Legal funding to fight Prevention of Harassment Letter over St Ann's Labour Fraud

I've decided that I am going to go ahead with the legal fight.

Bindmans have estimated that their initial advice on the Prevention of Harassment Letter will be up to £1,500. Funds are needed in advance, before Bindmans can start work. If anyone wants to contribute, Bindmans’ bank details are:

National Westminster Bank plc
Sort Code: 60 12 14
Client Account No: 30366658

When transferring funds, please use the reference JS McMullan.

I intend to fully recover costs and will be donating your money to St Mungos unless you tell me you'd like it back if I win.

I estimate that I'll have to put up £500 of my own money and then a further few thousand if Bindmans go ahead.

Tags for Forum Posts: election2014, fraud, labour, st ann's labour, stanns

Views: 5884

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good for you John. Will chip in this evening.

Just transferred £20 to the account above.  Used JMcMullan Bindmans as the account name.

We'll be putting in our share John. We're both old-fashioned about banking so have to go to the bank in person.

Zena and Alan

Zena Brabazon, Cllr, St. Ann's Ward

Alan Stanton, Cllr, Tottenham Hale Ward

Just paid £20. Name of account: Bindmans. Reference: JS McMullen. 

Well having just come back from a trip around the Antrim coast it was refreshing to see my surname in so many places and spelt correctly. Thanks very much Ceri, I'm sure it will be no problem ;)

oops 

Should have checked more carefully, esp given my name which is often only spelt correctly in Wales. If there's a problem and Bindmans are also hosting a client account for a JS McMullen, as well as JS McMullan, let me know and I'll contact them! 

£25 deposited John. Good luck.

Money Transferred. Well done for doing this.

Done. Good luck!

£25 paid in today

v

JOHN, there was a broadly similar case 12 months ago involving an MP where a Police Information Notice (PIN) was served.

You may not wish to make common cause with a former Conservative minister, but it does seem to me that—although the MP was afforded some protection by virtue of being an MP—there are parallels that may be helpful. In the case of Tim Loughton, the police agreed they'd made a mistake, but did not apologise. Here's some press:

"filthy" – 12 months ago it was "unkempt"

BBC:  No police apology for MP Tim Loughton in harassment row

Telegraph:  Police investigate Conservative MP Tim Loughton for calling man 'un...

Daily Mail:  MP slams police force for prosecution threat over claim he harassed...

The Argus:  MP Tim Loughton accuses Sussex Police of threatening parliamentary ...

Someone has said that they want to post a cheque. Please send it to:

Bindmans LLP

236 Gray's Inn Road

London WC1X 8HB

Write the reference on the back "JS McMullan".

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service