Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'harringay name' (36)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Town Hall vs the People

I've written before (but not for a long time now) about how Hornsey Council insisted on the Haringey form of the name of our neighbourhood…

Started by Hugh

7 Apr 30, 2023
Reply by Richard Woods

Harringay on mid-18th century map

This is a new one on me. This c1750* map is by far the earliest cartographic mention I've seen made of Harringay. It's true that the mapp…

Started by Hugh

24 Jan 14, 2022
Reply by Hugh

Aldi relent and rebrand their Harringay store from 'Aldi Haringey' to 'Aldi Harringay'

Back in July this year I noticed that Aldi seemed to be planning to open their new Harringay store as Aldi Haringey. I dropped them a quick…

Started by Hugh

27 Nov 17, 2021
Reply by LondonN4

Hot off the press: Boundary Commission Reports: the Ladder is secured

The Boundary Commission has now published the new ward boundaries for Haringey, and to what I am sure will lead to wild rejoicing, the Harr…

Started by David Schmitz

4 Dec 17, 2019
Reply by Straw Cat

Significant Changes Proposed for Harringay in Local Boundaries Review - HAVE YOUR SAY

The Local Government Boundaries Commission (LGBC) has proposed significant changes to the ward boundaries for Harringay.  Currently parts o…

Started by Hugh

84 Nov 11, 2019
Reply by Hugh

Good Response to Local Boundary Commission Proposals - Initial Proposals Probably Killed Off

I'm very pleased to be able to report a good response to the Local Boundary Commissions proposals to reorganise local ward boundaries in Ha…

Started by Hugh

11 Nov 11, 2019
Reply by Hugh

Are You Proud to Live in Harringay?

Well, maybe, maybe not, but I think many of us kinda love the old sod. I may have been shown to be a bit of historical romantic for hankeri…

Started by Hugh

30 Jun 10, 2014
Reply by John D

The power of place branding

Reading an interesting article, with examples from the UK and the US, about how place branding by communities can have a positive impact in…

Started by Liz

60 Apr 28, 2014
Reply by Hugh

Your Neighbourhood Name: whose right to choose?

The rebranding of our neighbourhood is about to become a live issue again with the Council asserting its claimed right to choose what we're…

Started by Hugh

221 Apr 24, 2014
Reply by Robert Pike

More Green Lanes Confusion

On my social media monitoring tool, I have one column set up to pick up all mentions of Green Lanes. Since Green Lanes is a generic term as…

Started by Hugh

15 Mar 28, 2013
Reply by Bethany Burrow Atherton

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service