Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

.. Is a solicitor's firm, ostensibly of the ambulance-chasing variety, is setting up shop in the empty building opposite the pub and has garishly adorned its frontage thus...

Surely this needs planning permission on account of its size and prominence? And surely the council will take action? ..

One thing is beyond doubt - this sign is a provocative eyesore. If it stays we can surely all agree the piazza dream is dead...

Tags for Forum Posts: 2012-13", harringay, regeneration

Views: 4183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed, Jamie. I go to several shops that stock craft beers and Deniz is the cheapest.

This isn't Greenwich Village!

A Pie and Mash shop.

Sharon, is that simply because you like Pie and Mash? Or do I sense an allegorical truth beneath your proposal?  Have eels - like oysters and cod - now completely transformed from cheap food for the working class to an expensive dainty dish to set before kings?

If so, then to assist the poshing-up of Tottenham into fashtastic "Tottie", isn't there a better location?  I'm thinking of the empty shop at 451 High Road - currently earmarked by the Koberites to help-out the international starchitect's practice of John McAslan.

Plainly their need is very great. But shouldn't we be demanding a branch of Pieminister?

A solicitor's firm would be fine. A solicitor's firm using massive wording to advertise - on a major junction whose aesthetic value is supposedly in the process of being enhanced - a range of services of questionable morality and probity is, in my humble opinion, not.

Yeah, absolutely. I get what's been said about this being preferable to a betting shop, as they just attract so much awful behaviour. But the sign's pretty naff, and the wording could be toned down a little. IF anything, I'd have thought that sort of advertisement would put people off from using their services. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

It's shit, as in it adds no value to the area, but people would equally complain if another turkish/chicken/kebab/betting shop. At least this one doesn't generate noise/traffic/smell or attract drunk thugs. It's just an office and with a little luck it'll be out of business soon enough. I'm reminded of a similar ambulance chasing business in bounds green that went out of business and the cuts to Legal aid probably make it more probable.

Have you had an accident at work?
Well, you should be more careful then!

If you have an accident at work 'you' should be in a Trade Union! Second thoughts we should all be in a Trade Union regardless!

To the main point of this post I totally agree that these so called solicitor firm's are little short of leeches and little better than the bookies that I so loathe!

Now, now Steve. In a bookies you had over your cash in the unlikely hope that you'll hit the jackpot whereas in an accident claim firm you........oh, see what you mean.
The other factor in this is that it is a residential block, apart from the commercial units at the bottom, and I remember from previous discussions at the point when it seemed likely there would be yet another betting shop there that the residents aren't keen at all on the units being occupied by something there that is open in the evening or involves cooking. So that makes restaurants etc a bit unlikely. I'm not sure what the actual planning restrictions on those units are however.
I agree. It is hideous.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service