Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Tags for Forum Posts: appeal, court, finsbury, finsbury park, finsbury park events, of, park, ruling"

Views: 2235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's called balance, Konrad.

I don't always ( often ? ) agree with him but I like to hear both sides.

Hmmm.  As Tris is one of the few people here to actually attend Friends of FP meetings I’ll take that with a pinch of salt.

I volunteered there yesterday and I think it's been worse in previous years - there are no potholes in the road this year. The grass will regrow but grass everywhere is dead after the heatwave. I did find some bits of metal on the grass which must have come from the rigging, picked them up and put them on the path. And yes NO2 canisters but no more than on the street outside my flat on an average weekend morning.

NO2 cartridges - at a festival recently everyone leaving at the end was literally gliding over zillions of these things dumped on the ground, trying not to fall over

It would have been N2O (nitrous oxide, a gas with culinary and recreational drug uses) in the canisters rather than NO2 (nitrogen dioxide, a toxic gas from fuel-burning e.g. cars).

Yes of course, thanks Joe

Thanks! Wonder why people always say NO2

Tris nails it.  The so called friends offer nothing. If they did they would be on here talking, listening, discussing.  No such attempts. Just cack handed legal attempts that achieve nothing other than to penalise small parks up and down the country.

i doubt they feel any remorse or interest in others. Until I see otherwise I see no reason to think they aren’t all very selfish people.

You can see a letter sent by lawyers acting on behalf of FoFP about ring fencing income from FP events to FP alone.  At the moment it subsidies all parks and open spaces in the borough.  I have no idea what Haringey’s response is but it seems a pretty grim outlook for parks other than FP if the ruling is enforced.  For me it simply comes across as spiteful.

https://www.thefriendsoffinsburypark.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018...

Should we all just join FoFP? That's the way to get things changed. And like I said, I'm in Finsbury Park on at least a weekly basis, I love the park. I love all of the other parks in Haringey too. I think we are so lucky here.

Only if they let you join....my application was politely declined

Because I expressed the view that their pursuit of legal action was ill advised....it's not exactly democracy is it....only allowing those who support your view to participate

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service