Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Attached is the consultants' summary of the feedback given in the recent engagement process on traffic in Harringay.

I've split the report into two parts to allow me to attach it here.

There's a steering group meeting next week and I'll add a further update following that.

Tags for Forum Posts: harringay traffic study

Views: 1810

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not denying there is some opposition, but it's a minority view.

The majority view of those who took the trouble to complete the online survey (which unlike a petition actually required some time and effort in terms of reading through the Council's documentation and understanding the detailed questions being asked) is in favour of filtering Wightman Road.

"Time and effort" - interesting that you'd say that, given that many of the survey responses from ladder residents were undoubtedly those which were spoonfed by Living Wightman. 

http://www.livingwightman.org/p/faq.html#faq11

It's claimed frequently that the filtering will benefit the entire area, but 96% of the Living Wightman petition responses were from within the confines of the ladder. Where is the area wide support?

"96% of the Living Wightman petition responses were from within the confines of the ladder"

Untrue again Nick. 715 of the 1,017 LW petition signatories were from the Ladder - about 70%.

I agree Nick that there is significant local opposition and I'm sad that 'turn out' was low in my sub area (St Ann's). I know some residents struggled with the first round of public engagement (the interactive map) so perhaps this round also being online, and the large amount of information to read through, put some people off.

I did mention this to the council and asked if there was an alternative to online feedback for individuals and they said no, so I'm surprised and rather annoyed to see a 'paper based alternative' mentioned in this report.

I think LW have done a great job of organising, fund raising and spreading the message of their aims. Sadly my sub area doesn't have such an organised pressure group. However the consultants say the public engagement was never meant to be a voting process, so let's wait and see what the consultants conclusions and recommendations are.

"96% of the Living Wightman petition responses were from within the confines of the ladder"

Untrue again Nick. 715 of the 1,017 LW petition signatories were from the Ladder - about 70%.

Refer to figure 5.4 from the second document posted. I thought we were talking about the study area - or are we now taking into account the opinions of people who live elsewhere?

One of the things that struck me was that there were people who strongly opposed measures such as improve streetscape and make the study area more green.

I wonder on what basis you would strongly oppose such measures.

I foundd that a bit baffling too. Whatever your views on the whys and wherefores of traffic management in the area I would have thought that everyone would at least like the place to look more attractive!

Possibly based on the last round of making it look more attractive. That was a nightmare to live through.

Has anything further come of this?  On the study page is says "We will now consider your feedback before finalising the study this summer", but the last update was in May.  Are the council any closer to making a decision?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service