Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I'm not sure whether this has been shared elsewhere on HOL - can't see it in a search but...

We have recently received a note through our front door that the St Ann's Low Traffic Neighbourhood will be implemented on 22 August.

This is a heads-up for anyone living in or driving through the area between West Green Road and St Ann's Road.  There will no longer be a direct route between the two major roads unless you are a bus or have a 'X2' exemption pass. 

Woodlands Park Road, Black Boy Lane, Cornwall Road and Avenue Road will all be closed to through traffic. 

The restriction points will be monitored by CCTV, so no doubt LBH will be issuing lots of PCNs!  Drivers beware!

I attach two documents, one a map of the area showing the traffic cells as they will be after implementation, and the other the supporting document.

Tags for Forum Posts: low traffic neighbourhoods, st anns ltn, traffic

Views: 27820

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello, If you live on Woodlands Park Rd or BB Lane are you exempted from this part of the LTN?

Thanks

No, there are no exemptions except for some disabled people and carers.

the car replacement bike

we need a new paradigm. It is possible and has been done elsewhere.

Nice but too scary to carry children. Too many insane car drivers.

Yes, but the point the maker of the video makes as well is that we also need the infrastructure to go in to allow all types of users to be able to switch to bike use.

He recognises that not everyone can do so but if the planning default postion should be to build proper multimodal transport including high quality biking infrastructure.

Linked up thinking.

Looks like they are starting to put some more signs up which seems a backwards way of doing it.

I think the implementation has been pretty poor, particularly for those roads like Woodlands and Black Boy Lane where you can get halfway down before finding it is blocked.

After delaying and delaying so much it's disappointing that they seem to be struggling so much with this stage, surely publicising the LTN and making sure that it's very clearly signposted is a fundamental part of the implementation.

Yes Haringey is a highly inept council.

This is a lively debate and there are obviously lots of pros and cons. But personally I've suddenly become very much in favour of the LTN having just had a 'seen the future and it works' moment... by chance I was walking along South Grove past Seven Sisters primary school which evidently has begun its autumn term. The children had just finished for the day but there was hardly a car to be seen in motion on South Grove (which has the special school restrictions) or surrounding streets such as Avenue Road which are part of the LTN. Surely that has to be a huge positive, and I think anyone like me who was sitting on the fence over this should embrace it.

That said, in other news we've just got a new prime minister who says she doesn't like looking at solar panels and speaks of abolishing motorway speed limits, so still a way to go before we get to a William Morrisesque utopia. Although much to be said I think for making change from the grassroots.

I used to think William Morris had all the right ideas until discovering that he was personally very wealthy, so could afford to indulge ideas of hand-made, beautifully-crafted furnishings and objects without any concern for cost or others’ ability to afford them! Mind you, Truss believes in tax rebates for the wealthiest and sees no merit in redistribution, so perhaps that’s her take on the Arts and Crafts movement?

As with so much Dom. It’s always the same. those that have, get to tell those that haven’t how to live. 

Sorry, should have explained, it was his utopian book, News from Nowhere, that I had in mind. 

Yes , it’s a lovely dream 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service