Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Legal funding to fight Prevention of Harassment Letter over St Ann's Labour Fraud

I've decided that I am going to go ahead with the legal fight.

Bindmans have estimated that their initial advice on the Prevention of Harassment Letter will be up to £1,500. Funds are needed in advance, before Bindmans can start work. If anyone wants to contribute, Bindmans’ bank details are:

National Westminster Bank plc
Sort Code: 60 12 14
Client Account No: 30366658

When transferring funds, please use the reference JS McMullan.

I intend to fully recover costs and will be donating your money to St Mungos unless you tell me you'd like it back if I win.

I estimate that I'll have to put up £500 of my own money and then a further few thousand if Bindmans go ahead.

Tags for Forum Posts: election2014, fraud, labour, st ann's labour, stanns

Views: 5916

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Done

£25 into the pot. Best of luck.

David Schmitz

P.S. I am not acting on behalf of my party or as a Councillor, but for the sake of transparency I should mention that I am Lib Dem Councillor for Harringay Ward

John my man, I don't know how I missed this last week. OK, I'm on your case but, like Zena & Alan via old-fashioned method. There may be a few clearing days.

Glad you enjoyed the Antrim Coast. The first Principal of our local high school in South Armagh in 1964 was Archie McMullan, correctly spelt, from up the Antrim Coast.  I went to him in the Spring of 1965 to see if he might have a job for me. I'd just spent a dozen years studying Greek & Latin, so was well qualified to be Viceroy of India, but offered him English, Irish & History as a compromise. Archie emitted a big belly laugh and told me to go and do a degree in Economics & Business Studies. Archie doesn't know what he missed, but he's gone twenty years ago to the Great Economics Dept in the Heavens above the Antrim Coast.

Bindmans have come back to me with money laundering concerns. I tried to push back and say "gimme a break" but they won't budge. So everyone who has donated, despite it being through the bloody British Banking System or via a cheque, needs to email Jessica Skins at Bindmans with their name and address. Click here to do so.

I'm sorry about this and once again can I say that I really appreciate everyone's help. I have had to fund less than half of this myself because of your generosity.

John, My email client wouldn't pick up the link on 'here'. Could you please let me know what Jessica Skins' email address is in 'longhand' ?

Thanks

J.Skinns AT bindmans.com is her email address, I was trying to hide it, hopefully you can decode that.

Yes thanks. Have emailed as requested.

Best of luck with this!!

Email sent.

No problem John.

Done.

Email to Jessica Skinns at Bindmans sent as requested, John.

It's interesting how laws which are reasonable as a way to prevent abuses also have unintended consequences. As in this case the simple crowd funding of your case. Which - at its heart - is about freedom of expression, speaking truth to power, and making the powerful accountable.

Done.

Have just contributed to your 'fighting fund' and wish you the very best of luck!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service