Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This was only implemented last Wednesday, the 10th. 

The controlled hours are

South Harringay School:  Pemberton Rd & Mattison Rd, 8.15 - 9.15 & 3.00 - 3.45

North Harringay School:  Frobisher Rd  &  Falkland Rd, 8.30 - 9.15 & 3.00 - 3.45

NOTE   As of Saturday morning, all the North Harringay signs are still blanked out by black plastic, so technically that scheme is not currently live (though the road-end cameras will be in place).    South Harringay signs are all revealed.

The Traffic Management Order that makes it enforceable was signed by Ann Cunningham on the 10th - see picture below. This has been in the works - consultation, proposal, statutory consultation, council approval - for a couple of years. To enact it with FIVE days notice is, well, shabby.  Or even Well Shabby.

Placement of the warning signs on Green Lanes for Mattison Road is very poor. The nearest lamp post has been used as the support, rather than  a stand-alone lower-level pole closer to the turning. Northbound, the sign is at the Duckett Rd turning and appears to warn of no turning into it - and you can't anyway, it is No Entry!

Discussion following the announcement in February that it would happen is here.

Tags for Forum Posts: north harringay primary school, school street, school streets, south harringay school

Views: 651

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I live on Warham right near the Passage, can't say I've noticed a marked increase in this behaviour with children attending S Harringay. 

I live at the top and haven’t seen an increase in vehicles passing my house exiting to Wightman road leading up to school time either.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service