Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'snow' (38)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Snowflakes and freezeframes

Hugh's snowy New River Christmas photocard reminded me to reissue my annual invitation. If it snows in the London area and you get some goo…

Started by Alan Stanton

0 Dec 18, 2011

Haringey Council prepares for winter

Maybe it's listening to Kate Bush's new album '50 words for snow' that has turned my thoughts to winter on this bright November day. Anyway…

Started by Liz

2 Nov 25, 2011
Reply by Angela

Gritting

Why were residential roads in Highgate gritted but not ladder roads? I'm just talking the footpaths here too by the way. People are still h…

Started by John McMullan

33 Dec 9, 2010

Grit Bins for the Ladder

I was perusing the Haringey website of late, and happened to download a list of grit bin locations in the borough. I may be mistaken, but i…

Started by OneWomanAndHerDog

16 Feb 20, 2010
Reply by Chris Ford

Grit needed for all roads and pavements

After having great difficulty walking down the street - particularly crossing a side street which really was like a skating rink - I decide…

Started by Jenny

10 Jan 15, 2010
Reply by Jenny

Snow Patrol - grit and determination part 2

Thanks to the generosity of Steve Hatch from Castles estate agents, the Snow Patrol now has some shiny new equipment. Even more amazingly,…

Started by Malcolm

2 Jan 14, 2010
Reply by Sapphireblue

Fresh snow - please help to make the paths clear!

Can I make a plea to all HoLers to please keep a strip of pavement outside their house clear from the freshly laid snow before it has time…

Started by OneWomanAndHerDog

3 Jan 13, 2010
Reply by OneWomanAndHerDog

Cold Snap Update from HFRA

The Haringey Federation of Residents' Associations has just circulated the following: After a meeting with Niall Bolger he provided us with…

Started by Hugh

0 Jan 13, 2010

Council explains decisions to close & re-open Ladder roads

A few days ago, I questioned the Council's claims that the Ladder roads were reopened to traffic as a result of a consultation with residen…

Started by Hugh

5 Jan 13, 2010

Call for public to 'do more' in cold weather

OK, this comes all the way from Scotland, but that doesn't mean it doesn't apply here. I thought the point about looking after our older ne…

Started by Hugh

18 Jan 9, 2010
Reply by matt

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service