Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'scam' (58)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The psychology of being scammed.

A fascinating article from the excellent Mind Hacks blog on the psychology of being scammed, commissioned by the UK government's Office of…

Started by Liz

3 May 26, 2009
Reply by Clive Carter

Possible scam pick pocketing on 67 bus route

This afternoon at about 3.30 I was on the 67 on West Green Road near the Stanley Road stop. I was standing near a door on a very crowded bu…

Started by Kumari

2 Mar 6, 2009

Motorbike theft scam

Motorbikes are being stolen by conmen pretending to buy vehicles up for sale. More here

Started by Liz

2 Jan 15, 2009

The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam: A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (P…

Started by Harringay SNT

4 Dec 11, 2008

Christmas Scam - a word to the wise (from, it appears, the gullible!)

With thanks to David for tipping me the wink on this one: This information has been passed to me by one of the Community Beat Officers, hav…

Started by Hugh

5 Nov 2, 2008
Reply by John D

Watch your purses and wallets, or Look out! There's a thief about! Part 2

Following John D's reminder to be on your guard at the Arena and confirmation from the LCSP meeting that the cash point scam is being playe…

Started by Liz

5 Oct 11, 2008
Reply by RuthE

Look Out! There's a thief about !

Well I think so - Wednesday afternoon I came out of Arena Homebase and headed for my car. As I got in, I put my bag with wallet etc down i…

Started by John D

3 Oct 9, 2008
Reply by AnnieH

Local scams

It's very bad news to hear of the mugging on Seymour Road. Best wishes to the person who got mugged. It's a reminder to be aware, and also…

Started by Helen1

7 Feb 25, 2008
Reply by Liz

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service