Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'new river' (105)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New River Serenity

Started by tim p

12 Oct 24, 2020
Reply by Dick Harris

The New River Lobster

I saw this guy in the New River, on the stretch behind Wightman Road. Do lobsters live in viaducts usually? I was surpsised to see him/her…

Started by Usual-J

22 Oct 23, 2020
Reply by Dyl

No Wildlife Meadow for Harringay Stretch of New River

For a few years now, I've been wondering if it would be viable for the eastern bank of the 'new cut' of the New River behind Wightman Roa…

Started by Hugh

14 Aug 11, 2020
Reply by Liz

Little Egret on the New River

I don't have a decent enough camera to capture it properly, but there's a little egret on the New River today! Stunning, elegant thing. Not…

Started by Arkady

20 Jun 19, 2020
Reply by Eilidh

The Harringay Cormorant

We spotted this bird on the stretch of the New River behind Wightman. Mallards and moorhens are common there. Canada geese and swans are…

Started by Hugh

17 Jun 5, 2020
Reply by Hugh

Little Coot Family on the New River

Hey folks, some of you may have come across the nest that two coots built right near the bridge over the New River on Green Lanes opposit…

Started by Helen New

27 May 23, 2020
Reply by Helen New

New River Clean up set for Saturday 18 April

Dear all; After about six months of trying to find the right people at Thames Water and the Council, I finally found the people at the two…

Started by Cowper

21 Mar 27, 2020
Reply by Cowper

The New River Remote Weed Lifter in Action

Filmed Sep 4, 2019, on the New River Path just to the north of the tunnel which passes under Hewitt Road. Not a thrilling video, but I w…

Started by Hugh

4 Oct 11, 2019
Reply by Hugh

Bats along New River

There seems to be a healthy number of bats along the New River, on the Wightman Road section between Hornsey and Haringey stations. Does an…

Started by Alex

46 Sep 7, 2019
Reply by David Lea

Not Discovered Harringay's Hidden River yet?

In response to a post I made earlier in the week, I was reminded that many of us don't get the time to explore the neighbourhood we live…

Started by Hugh

7 Jul 29, 2019
Reply by Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service