Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'litter' (70)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Testing Haringey's hitec approach to clearing street problems

Last week I had a meeting with Nigel Tyrell, Head of Environmental Services at London Borough of Lewisham. He was responsible for the devel…

Started by Hugh

19 Mar 27, 2011
Reply by Alan Stanton

Haringey gets tough on litterers: 120 fines issued

(If you've reached here trying to get to the Traffic Disruption On The North Circular article, our apologies - click here and we'll take yo…

Started by HoL Site Admin

25 Feb 28, 2011

Woman fined over £900 for dropping cigarette butt

Here's 'behaviour change' with a vengeance!A woman was fined over £900 last week for dropping a cigarette on the pavement and failing to pa…

Started by Hugh

126 Dec 17, 2010
Reply by StephenBln

Putting rubbish in the bin can be fun!

Another idea from the people that brought you piano stairs, a novel way to get people to use the bin. TheFun Theory website

Started by Liz

3 Dec 2, 2010
Reply by Adam

Cleaning our streets of litter through the power of twitter (and HOL)

Not on Twitter (and don't want to be) and want to join in, add your contribution below and I'll tweet it for you! Keep Britain Tidy are or…

Started by Liz

14 Nov 19, 2010

DEFRA Tidiness Survey - How Haringey Fared

Defra commissioned ENCAMS (Environmental Campaigns), who run the Keep Britain Tidy Campaign, to undertake an independent survey of local en…

Started by Hugh

12 Sep 10, 2010
Reply by Hugh

New Endangered Species: The streetsweeper

Hi All,   I'm hoping that you can help with recent sitings of this endangered haringey native. According to this website our street is mean…

Started by Adrian (From the land of OZ)

6 Apr 16, 2010
Reply by Adrian (From the land of OZ)

Deep Clean / Clean Sweep in the Gardens

The Gardens are due for a deep clean starting on Monday 15 February until Friday 19 February.The focus will be on the Garden road headings…

Started by Hugh

6 Feb 24, 2010
Reply by MICHAEL

New street cleaning arrangements for your street

The Council has proposed implementing new street cleaning arrangements in Harringay. Attached are details for each road. The spreadsheet (…

Started by Hugh

21 Nov 6, 2009
Reply by Hugh

Face a 75 quid fine for ciggie litter? Really?

Those of you who have been members of this site for a while will be familiar with my regular rants on my blog about litter and fly tipping,…

Started by Liz

9 Sep 1, 2009
Reply by Ruth

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service