Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'history' (64)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

HORNSEY HISTORICAL SOCIETY / CROUCH END FESTIVAL EVENTS

HORNSEY HISTORICAL SOCIETY is again participating in The Crouch End Festival this year. From Friday 7th June the “History of Crouch End” e…

Started by Lesley Ramm

1 Jun 7, 2013
Reply by Chris Setz

WANTED: Farmers permission to metal detect land.

Im a local historian and am looking for permission to metal detect some land, in and around the NorthLondon area, for my interest in histor…

Started by Colinloves

4 Nov 21, 2012
Reply by Colinloves

London Cooperative Society

I noticed a new Co-op Funeral outlet in High Street Hornsey recently (near church tower). At Hornsey Historical Society today a man named N…

Started by Lesley Ramm

1 Sep 7, 2012
Reply by Madeline

Looking into the Past

Some intriguing images here, combining old photos into a current setting. Wanna try this with some of those local archive pics? A few thoug…

Started by pamish

2 Jun 18, 2012
Reply by Chris Setz

One Hundred Years of Public Health

The 2010 NHS White Paper paved the way for responsibility for public health to transfer from the NHS to councils from 2013. Health issues h…

Started by Liz

1 May 17, 2012
Reply by Pressdesk at Haringey Council

A HISTORY WALK THROUGH CROUCH END

As part of The Crouch End Festival 2012 Hornsey Historical Society is holding an exhibition at The Old Schoolhouse, 136 Tottenham Lane (cor…

Started by Lesley Ramm

1 May 3, 2012
Reply by Stephen Middleton

Priory Park - Children's Pack from Hornsey Historical Society

I have just received this from Jennifer Bell at HHS Hi Everyone, Please find attached a flyer about this new work from HHS. We'd like it to…

Started by Lesley Ramm

0 Apr 26, 2012

Banker gives 45 million for new housing for London's poor

The banker in question was George Peabody. One hundred and fifty years ago this  American banker created one of social housing’s biggest su…

Started by Liz

2 Mar 4, 2012
Reply by Clive Carter

The Phoenix: 100 Years of cinema history

Wednesday 1st to Wednesday 29th February 2012. Ground Floor, Adult Library at Hornsey Library The Phoenix Cinema in East Finchley is London…

Started by Liz

0 Jan 28, 2012

First day of the Blitz 1940 - Eade Road

I do like the grauniad data blog.... they have mapped all the positions of London Fire Brigade call outs from the first day of the Blitz 7…

Started by Mark B

24 Jan 28, 2012
Reply by StephenBln

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service