Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'grit' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

We the residents decided to reopen the roads, says Council

How about this for damned cheek. The latest councillors' briefing explains that the Ladder roads were closed last night (Thursday) at the r…

Started by Hugh

88 Jul 11, 2016
Reply by Joe Bailey

Help clear the passage

Update: Lots of people have volunteered, so we'll all be out at 10am Sunday. My number is 07766 990123 if you need to get salt or any other…

Started by Malcolm

94 Feb 6, 2012
Reply by Betty Careless

Want to make Harringay Passage safer in the snow? Get your shovel out.... Sunday 5 Feb at midday.

A bunch of us are joining forces and doing our bit for the community at midday today (Sunday 5 Feb) to clear the snow on the passage so we…

Started by Michelle

9 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by David Schmitz

Gritting

Why were residential roads in Highgate gritted but not ladder roads? I'm just talking the footpaths here too by the way. People are still h…

Started by John McMullan

33 Dec 9, 2010

GRIT BINS in Harringay - Please request one here

Hi All,   You will hopefully have seen a letter from us come through your doors last week on the subject of grit bins in our ward. We'd li…

Started by Chris Ford

20 Mar 22, 2010
Reply by Chris Ford

Grit Bins on the Harringay Ladder

It won't come as any surprise that there aren't any grit bins on the Harringay Ladder!  Following the snow we had in January and all the pr…

Started by Karen Alexander

19 Mar 16, 2010
Reply by phippsofacto

Grit needed for all roads and pavements

After having great difficulty walking down the street - particularly crossing a side street which really was like a skating rink - I decide…

Started by Jenny

10 Jan 15, 2010
Reply by Jenny

More Cold Weather stuff from Haringey

The attached briefings for Councillors gives a little more on Haringey's thinking on their approach to responding to this cold snap.

Started by Hugh

28 Jan 8, 2010
Reply by Hugh

Hewitt Road dangerously icy for cars

Hewitt Road this morning is dangerously icy for anything other than a 4WD car. We've had at least 3 cars slide into parked cars, causing a…

Started by Malcolm

19 Jan 8, 2010
Reply by Malcolm

Icy Ladder Roads- Suggestions?

I have just logged on after spending some time carrying out the following with neighbours: • Attempting to chip some of the sheet ice off t…

Started by Justin Guest

4 Jan 8, 2010

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service