Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'advertising' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Facebook: data collection and exploitation

THOSE punters with Facebook accounts may wish to review their settings. On one hand, there seems to be a lot more control possible. On the…

Started by Clive Carter

0 Sep 4, 2012

A city without no advertising? It really exists and it's flourishing...

Five years ago, the 7th most populous city in the world passed the Clean City Law. Every billboard, poster and bus ad was removed to combat…

Started by Liz

18 Dec 25, 2011
Reply by Alan Stanton

Advertising on the front of your house?

I'm finding this a little unbelievable, but - when my husband was coming in after work yesterday he was stopped by a man outside the house…

Started by GillianM

10 Jul 16, 2011
Reply by John McMullan

Ban the Banners

Some of you may recall that in Aug. 2010 I mounted a campaign to have the garish Kentucky Fried Chicken lamppost banners removed from Crouc…

Started by Brian

16 Sep 22, 2010
Reply by Maddy

Get Paul Simon's horrible signs off the front of Harringay's listed building

Found myself in the Salisbury tonight as it happens and got into conversation with the manager about the very intrusive sign and banner tha…

Started by Liz

41 Sep 19, 2009
Reply by Anette

Estate Agent Hoarding on HoL: post here without delay!

Concerned about commercial plugs on HoL? Frustrated at waiting for an estate agent to vet your views on the subject of estate agent hoardin…

Started by Clive Carter

18 May 31, 2009
Reply by Alison P

Inappropriate advertising

Anyone else feel a little bit surprised or indeed offended that these days suppliers of construction site workwear feel it is ok to adverti…

Started by John M

4 Feb 12, 2009
Reply by Anette

Just who is Chris Arnold?

Chris Arnold writes to the Hornsey Journal about the HoL poll to rid Green Lanes of the McAd; 05 November 2008 So a small number of people…

Started by matt

21 Nov 14, 2008
Reply by Hugh

KFC banners coming down, next stop McHarringay Bridge

ADVERTS for a fast food chain on council lamp post banners will be taken down after residents and an MP demanded action to protect children…

Started by Liz

9 Oct 5, 2008

How to fund HarringayOnline

This website contains no traditional advertising. Ever wondered who funded it? Well a few members have stumped up for the costs so far. Rec…

Started by John McMullan

53 Sep 11, 2008
Reply by Birdy_Too

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service