Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

ADVERTS for a fast food chain on council lamp post banners will be taken down after residents and an MP demanded action to protect children's health.

The Kentucky Friend Chicken (KFC) banners in Crouch End will be removed after their current term of advertising has expired, Haringey Council has said.

more here

Right let's get the flamin' McBanner down off the bridge, our kids don't need it either

Tags for Forum Posts: advertising, bridge, harringay bridge, mcbridge, visual pollution

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Result.

Brought about by Lynne Featherstone ringing up the MD of KFC, among other things. I like how Lynne works hard for the people that voted her in.

Their petition had 77 signatories. Last time I was able to look ours had 101, 88 of those against the McD advert on the banner across the bridge.

Time to contact David Lammy? Use the same reasons as C-end; children's healthy eating and blighting our lovely GLs.
Nothing like a gracious response from Haringey Council:

"A spokeswoman for Haringey Council said: "The posters are due to be taken down anyway - their term has expired."

But what Lynne Featherstone has done is exactly what I plan to do - letters to Haringey Council (Let's hope for a little more grace) + letter to McDonalds MD/CEO/SVP (whatever).

So far we have 162 responses on the poll - the highest I've had on one of these little snap polls before has been around 30.
Poll info is interesting. Letters ... great.
Yes and the dot dot dot from the council official is "and we don't dare put them up again."
That's the point to get it down (maybe at the end of their term) and ENSURE they don't do it again!
Have written to David Lammy's office this AM asking for their support. Poll info supports letters & other action Matt. That's the point.
I really despise that great big M on woodgreen high street with a giant arrow pointing in the direction of the restaurant, theres one on Tottenham High street too, its so blatently to attract the eye of children. M is no longer for mother is it? Arnt they clever those advertising guys?
Hugh said:
Have written to David Lammy's office this AM asking for their support. Poll info supports letters & other action Matt.

Great! Yes, I got the point first time around
The Londonist picked this up............I've tried to correct their take on it in my comment below the main story (and only one typo!!)
Very good of Haringey Council to remove advertising after they have stopped obtaining revenue from it.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service