Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'waste' (31)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Councils told to drop personal questionnaires

FOR YEARS councils throughout Britain have been burning real money (taxpayers cash) in an extraordinarily useless way. The collection of re…

Started by Clive Carter

7 Sep 3, 2011
Reply by Clive Carter

Elfin Saftey: council excuses for extravagance ...

Haringey has apparently spent ten thousand pounds on replacing the chairs in the council chamber because some were a bit wobbly. Had they…

Started by Clive Carter

0 Jan 4, 2011

The wrong size and shape

FOOD WASTE: the disquieting effects of the supermarkets' contracts with farmers Yesterday I listened to Farming Today with mounting alarm…

Started by Clive Carter

15 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by Clive Carter

Media cost triples after Baby P coverage

A HIGH profile media company is being paid more than £14,000 – around half the cost of a social worker's salary – to collect newspaper cutt…

Started by Clive Carter

3 Jan 23, 2009
Reply by Hugh

Green Lanes bins. Do they need a redesign?

In another thread Ruth wrote: "I've just been walking along Green Lanes looking at the bins (for the first time in my life) and dont you th…

Started by Liz

6 Sep 5, 2008

Abandoned vehicles

This is slightly off your patch, on Ritches Road, but I thought it might be of interest anyway. For several weeks now there have been two…

Started by Danzigger

1 Jul 4, 2008
Reply by John McMullan

Is it any wonder people fly tip?

Ever wanted to get rid of old paint pots or insecticides or other hazardous wastes in Harringey? Well, here's the procedure (nicked straigh…

Started by Stuart

5 Jun 29, 2008
Reply by Maddy

North London Waste Plan

Message from the North London Waste Partnership: Councils in Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington and Waltham Forest are…

Started by Hugh

1 Jan 23, 2008
Reply by matt

Recyclable Food Waste Collection - Bag it Right or Watch it Rot

The Council have just taken the recyclable food waste collection service back in house after it had been contracted out. Due to the way the…

Started by Hugh

0 Nov 9, 2007

DEFRA Report on Fly-tipping across the UK. How Does Haringey Do?

DEFRA have just published their annual report on fly-tipping across the UK (Yes, it is sad that I should know this - but, in my defence, on…

Started by Hugh

0 Oct 15, 2007

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service