Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This is slightly off your patch, on Ritches Road, but I thought it might be of interest anyway.

For several weeks now there have been two builders vans dumped on Ritches Road. They are piled high with builders waste, and have clearly been abandoned.
It's a CPZ for residents, so these vans have been accumulating lots of tickets, and removal notices etc. from the Council. They've also been accumulating more rubbish, which is now spilling out onto the street.

It seems like it should be pretty straightforward for someone to move these vans. But apparently not. The Street Enforcement team have filed a removal order under the environment act. Great; except that the owner has 28 days in which to move them. In the meantime, Parking Enforcement can't move the vans because that would destroy evidence for the environmental case. This despite the fact that between them the lorries have racked up 74 parking tickets for fines of about £6000.

The council people I've spoken to were all really helpful, but none of them can do anything to clear them. So we've got another 27 days with two rubbish dumps on the street.

Tags for Forum Posts: abandoned, vehicles, waste

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We had a massive shipping container at the top of our street for ages. It was finally up to the guy who owned it to take it away. I think they just don't have trucks capable of lifting the big vans either.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service