Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

(If none please can you give your general area as it seems N15 is way better than N8 / N4)

For me 2 posted at the end of Nov.

Tags for Forum Posts: post, royal mail

Views: 4607

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Any luck? Nothing here. 

Nope, but bizarrely, only 2 minutes ago I got a text from my friend in N22 saying that something I ordered last Wednesday, but gave his address for delivery, has just arrived!

They were delivering parcels on my street just now. I've only had one mail deliverysince Christmas, but perhaps there were no letters for me. Be interesting to see if more Christmas cards turn up in January.

Despite having been in my house virtually 24/7 I have mysteriously had 5 parcels that were returned to sender with a note saying 'recipient refused to accept'.  I can only assume they attempted to deliver it to the Mews round the corner who have the same postcode.  Every parcel had the right address on it so it's very frustrating

3 parcels - I had notification that these had been dispatched between the 9th and the 14th December.  Quite a few Christmas cards seem to have gone astray. I'm N8 (ladder).  I'm remaining positive because parcels were taking 4-6 weeks back in April, although I am a little despairing that lessons weren't learnt then.

Like some others I have mostly given up on Royal Mail. I send everything via DHL or DPD now and will choose that option, if available, for things to be sent to me - even if it costs a little more. 

I don't really understand why there isn't more fuss about it.  Also, in all of the laments about Amazon, nobody ever seems to point out that one of the reasons for their success is that you can pretty much guarantee that the stuff will get to you.  For smaller retailers, if they use Royal Mail, it's a gamble. 

I'm N4, around 4 for me. One was actually the same as the first, the company kindly replaced it but that hasn't turned up either.

Funnily enough I ordered some plant pots on Etsy and they arrived via Royal mail next day, with no issues. Strange

I've had stuff sent 24 or 48 tracked arrive alright, but anything else gets detained indefinitely in the Archway Triangle. 

N4. Two not yet arrived, one posted 1st class 15th Dec, the other 1st class 28th Dec.

Having said that we did get a load of eBay and Amazon parcels on time, so it was likely 2 out of say 15 or so.

Also, we recently got a whole stack of mail in one day, with postmarks stretching back to 4th December.

On a related note, we had an Amazon delivery driver (not RM) leaving items out front with no attempt to hide them, but marking them as "handed to resident" on the online delivery tracker. Fortunately none went missing.

Still waiting for approx 4 late Nov/early December, but three other late Nov books were delivered yesterday in an additional delivery to one of on-time letters. Which suggests the backlog is now being tackled... N4 Gardens.

Me too!  Also a hospital appointment letter posted on 12 December - luckily for an appointment later in the month 

Missing at least 4 (3 are coffee subscriptions from the past 8 weeks, but 1 was from my family so I'd really quite like to receive it). N8 ladder, posted 25th Nov, 2nd, 3rd and 16th Dec.

Not had any posties at all for almost 2 weeks (they usually buzz our flat to get into the block).

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service