Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

How about this for damned cheek. The latest councillors' briefing explains that the Ladder roads were closed last night (Thursday) at the request of the police. It goes on to say that they've been reopened this evening (Friday) after consultation with the residents.

Has anyone been consulted?

See full briefing attached,

Tags for Forum Posts: grit, gritting, ice, snow

Views: 433

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You have to park on the pavement on lots of roads, especially ones with busses. Ferme Park Rd is another I can think of off the top of my head.

Imagine how much money the council would make if they issued parking tickets for people parked too far onto the pavement.

Anyway, back to getting stuck into the council's propaganda machine...
Just seen this, Hugh. No, neither one. Just being a little territorial about the number of "strange" vehicles I haven't seen before parking on our well gritted Wightman and, worse still, parking right in on our so-called footways, just leaving pedestrians with the narrowest of well trodden treacherous paths around the overflowing wheelie bins and National Grid Gas excavations. Despite which obstacles both WightmanPaul and I managed to clear our own and neighbours' frontages.
We will pay either way. Increased insurance premiums or increased council tax. The roads should have been closed, unless of course they're unofficial through roads in which case...
What's an unofficial through road please?
The ladder rung roads constitute a 19 lane east/west highway. I was being facetious with "unofficial through road" I doubt such a thing exists, officially.
Oookee. But, yes I agree. I'd really love us all the get together and try and sort it out.
Hugh said:
Following the video interview, above, please let us know if you're aware of any other damage to cars on Friday and Saturday.

I'm aware of at least 4 accidents on Hewitt Road on Friday. I saw three cars hit one poor woman's car, and saw the damage done to another car further down the road.

Luckily I was able to run out and take details and photos of the accidents, if they can be called accidents. I wouldn't like to accuse people of not stopping after an accident, but two out of three had made no effort to leave their vehicle before being approached...
Hugh said:
Certainly begs the question.

Nee-naw, nee-naw. Language Police here. Begging the question is not the same as raising the question - it means circular reasoning or assuming the premise in the conclusion.
E.g.

Person Statement
1 He is mad right now.
2 How do you know?
1 Well, because he is really angry.

Thankyou, nothing more to see here. Move along.
False arrest I think, Malcolm. I've just double-checked in my dictionary and "suggests the question needs raising" is one of three definitions offered for beg the question. Will you take the handcuffs off please.
I always understood "Begs the question " meant " avoids the real issue " .
That must be some wishy-washy descriptivist tome that barely deserves the title dictionary. A real Johnsonian dictionary would have no truck with such masceration of the finer points of Aristolean logic and English usage.

Appeal denied.
Pshaw, the magister himself has spoken and upheld my appeal. Thta gives me a get of jail free card and I'm off.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service