Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Harringay desperately needs a traffic and parking review, we have got to the stage that the amount of traffic coming down the ladder roads really needs to be dealt with. I will be writing to officers and the lead member because we can no longer I believe sustain this inequitable distribution of traffic in the area.

This morning on my way to work I witnessed some amazing community action and spirit from businesses on Green Lanes. An elderly man was hit by a car turning right out of Pemberton Rd. Whilst I didn't see the accident I did see the shop owners come out and one young woman from the jewellers recorded the driver who we initially thought had abandoned his car and fled the scene. The driver did come back as he had gone to get help, however the locals were not taking any chances. I looked like a leg injury and the police assured me he would be ok, however it could have been far worse.

I am receiving emails from residents angry at the level of traffic coming down their roads which is impacting on their houses and quality of lives. I would really be interested to hear more residents views on the issue.

Emine
Harringay Ward Councillor

Views: 4393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, and they've now been told    

That's road pricing in disguise. With fuel rationing, everyone switches to an electric vehicle. Congestion problem back to square one.

Not really, given the limited range of electric vehicles. I couldn't guarantee to get to Maidstone and back ( my weekly visit )

This is not an argument against electric vehicles.

John, I suggested the big spikes coming out of the ground so I doubt your idea could be any more radical.

Personally, i think its more interesting that Emine has chosen to come here on HoL to broach this traffic issue. Thats great, thanks Emine! The alternative will be little groups going off behind the scenes trying to broker deals that pander to their vested interests, which is exactly how Harringay has got to this traffic distribution that we have today.  So IMHO we should all be trying to encourage Emine and to foster this sort of open inclusive engagement that she's started here.

Absolutely agree. Too many cars on Pemberton Road. Also they frequently beep their horns or have really load music playing, which is very disturbing for residents

Emina where have you got to with this issue please? I wondered if there are any relevant updates.

All the best

Sally

Something's happening here [link] - meeting tomorrow, 1830, Cyprus Kitchen, 628 Green Lanes (opp. Fairfax Rd).

Hi All

Please do come to the meeting tonight at Cyprus Kitchen 6.30. We have made significant progress and having a public meeting will mean that officers and the cabinet member can hear first hand the challenges faced by residents on the ladder. Cllr McNamara is taking our concerns very seriously as are council officers and hopefully we can find a way forward.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service