Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

For three days the busker under Harringay bridge has been blasting out violin music through a full-volume speaker. I can hear it constantly inside my house (and from Sainsbury's!). Is it bothering anyone else or just me? It doesn't break any 'noise-nuisance' decibel levels but there's absolutely no reason for it to be at this volume. Any suggestions (and yes I have tried asking politely for it to be turned down.)?

Views: 2015

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can't hear him at home thankfully but can't think of him as anything but pollution.

Why is the loudest 'music' invariably the most dreadful? 

hi, i agree with your point, if the police and the council that i been calling daily haven't done anything, then its up to the locals to do something. I am ready to go and have a word with him again, now is there anybody want to be part of it? because going alone won't make much difference and i have tried. 

If he is busking there is it because he collects loads of moneyin that location?

Then take action by orgainsing. Make placards explaining to passers-by that he is engaging in anti-social behaviour and that despite pleas from the neighbourhood/residents, many of whom are working from home, to reduce the timing, volume/amount of noise, that he persists in his unwanted behaviour.

Its a persusaion game. If the police and council don't help, take non-violent action. If he can occupy the pavement so can you. You don't use any physical threats etc just information and persuasion.

If he is doing this becasue he has mentally issues then that is a different problem.

No?

Went to McDonald's yesterday, was sat outside only for about 10 minutes and this violin guy was driving me nuts already. Really feel for you Maddy hope you are able to get it sorted soon. I submitted a noise complaint on the Haringey website

I had a conversation with Haringey council noise dept about him. Unfortunately he's not breaking any lawy and his music, though agonisingly loud and mindlessly repetitive, doesn't breach any 'decibel' limits.The only reason for moving him on would be for blocking the pavement.

I'm hoping the recent return of our usual homeless guy and his pile of bedding will prove a disincentive to the violinist - never thought I'd be glad to see him back.

I think the violin acts as a deterrent to the people living under the bridge. Sorry to say.

spoke to the agent who kept chasing him for the past two weeks though, the council is working on it now, and yes they cant get rid of him just like this and the only excuse they have for now is that with the virus his not meant to stay there as it is a pavement and his making it hard for people to keep distant, apparently its not loud, but i said and again to hear him for 10min its fine, but 7 days on a raw from 12 to 8pm is a torture, i have asked if anyone want to meet and talk to him all but unfortunately no one been interested to do so, anyways ive done it my self 2 weeks ago and went there, found already a guy talking to him and i could see he was mentally sick of him, i didnt think twice but to take the cables of the f ing speakers, and told him in his face this is enough, ENOUGH, been surprised that the walkers kept telling me its not fair bla bla bla, i screamed at everyone and pointed at my wife saying this is my wife who work for NHS who is looking like a zombie as you can see people, and today this shit must stop, cut the story short most really felt sorry for jumping on me without finding out what really is going on which i did appreciate, the barber next the entrance decided to approach my wife who is Jamaican back grounded calling her a racist!!!!!!!!!!!! honestly until now i don't know how he did come up with that, but anyways he heard from me shortly after using such a stupid approach toward my wife,  overall its been such a good experience though, and things has gone better since with the involvement of the police and the agent. even tho he comes back from time to time for couple hours but compare to what it used to be is paradise, last thing i would like to mention is with all do respect to all of you, there is no point to talk over here and not act upon it, except those who have complained about it thanks, good luck all 

He's been back for 4 days now, playing under the bridge for 8 hours a day. It's completely intolerable...Can't have the windows open. It's so anti social, I've contacted the council noise team, but doubt they'll do very much.

Why should we have to tolerate this in our own homes, the guy has been very aggressive in the past when confronting him asking him to turn it down, move on somewhere else.

I drove past him in my car on Monday, with the radio on fairly high, and I still couldn't hear myself think over that violin! The sound level is staggering, I don't know how anyone living close by tolerates it all day. Surely one of the ward councillors can step in to do something? He's causing a massive noise nuisance and I'm pretty sure the decibels will be above the limit.

I don't see why anyone should HAVE to tolerate. With elections next week now is the time to complain. The council might have a reason to listen...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service