Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Noticed that Falkland & Frobisher Rds have traffic counters installed by Traffic Survey Partners http://www.trafficsurveypartners.co.uk/ 

Tags for Forum Posts: harringay traffic study, traffic

Views: 2121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Or is that simply the 'Hewitt Road no right turn' camera?

(Well, you previously posted "The aliens have landed ... and they're monitoring our every move")

The aliens say 'no' (but I don't think they have a clue).

Can someone please tell me what these things look like.... I looked at the website and it showed something attached to traffic lights whereas someone else mentioned pressure sensors so now I'm confused!

A traffic counter is a small grey metal box chained to a lamppost at ground level and connected to two parallel rubber tubes stretched across the roadway. As a vehicle passes over the rubber tube it compresses the air inside and this actuates the counter in the metal box.

Ah yes. I know what you mean. Thanks John. I wonder if they will also count all the cyclists that come screaming down my road the wrong way?

Probably not.  But. as you know, cyclists are above the law.

( oops sorry, being judgemental there  )

How can I possibly remonstrate without seeming judgemental myself...it's a blooming moral minefield

Hate the sin, not the sinner

Yup, last one before the traffic lights.....

The counters seem to be all over the borough. I noticed them in Muswell Hill at the weekend.

Is it all over? I noticed the gubbins chained to a post on Warham Road has gone though the cables are still in the road. Or has it been nicked?

Just spoke to peter Boddy in the council traffic team. The counters on Pemberton and I believe some other roads have been removed. He believes this is to analyse the data, and is not nefarious. FYI

Also, the Green Lanes Traffic Study is going to be delayed because apparently no one bid in the first tender. Apparently the tender goes up to a specific tendering platform and it seems that it was not picked up. Peter has called a number of consultants and he believes they will have better responses from this renewed tendering process.

The first meeting that they want to occur will happen hopefully sometime in March, before the Wightman bridge closure occurs.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service