Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

That sound check is insane. The Arctic Monkeys are so rubbish. 3 days of it!

Is it just the direction of the wind or is that significantly louder than the Stone Roses?

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park, finsbury park events, noise

Views: 11020

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Crikey! I was about to shout over the back fence "Can you turn it down a bit! I can't hear myself think!!!", however once I settled into a bit of repotting and pruning I quite enjoyed it.

Same here.  It had been going on for about 45 minutes and I thought it was one of the neighbours with a speaker at an open window.  It was only when I got up for a slash and heard it through the back window that I recognised Alex Turner's voice.  When I went out, the music was bouncing of the walls of the houses opposite so it seemed to be coming from the direction of Crouch End not the park.

This is insanely dangerous to the hearing of those who will stand in front of it for hours.

The damage is cumulative, it does not heal.

I have some hearing loss due to age, and am dreading it getting any worse, which it probably will. There is no gadget that will give back the lost part of my hearing the way that eg glasses can correct short sight.  I cannot follow complex conversations, I have more or less given up talking to people in crowded rooms, and the top edge has gone from listening to music.  I didn't go to 100s of noisy gigs in my youth, and those I did hear were not nearly as loud as they now get.  Add in the constant wearing of headphones with the volume limiter overridden, and even at lower volumes the huge amounts of time spent pumping in sound beyond ordinary levels still does damage. We are creating a generation of very deaf people in a few decades' time. 

I can only suggest that earplugs are handed out and made cool to wear, they do help to reduce the damage.

Boyfriend always wears plugs to gigs. He has been in bands for years and it has affected his hearing - many other musicians his age have the same issues, particularly tinnitus.

So - the 2 important things about earplugs are:

1. hearing loss is cumulative, so even if it's started it's still worth wearing plugs to prevent more damage

2. the people wearing plugs at gig are most likely musicians themselves, which makes them instantly cooler than the rest of the audience 

I'm loving it. Was up there with my neighbour and the kids. It was a free gig. Friday night is going to be spent in the front garden.

It is definitely louder than Stone Roses and the singing's a damn sight better too.  They sounded great.  Anything's better than 12 hours of bongo at the drum club by the main gates.

Hey! The bongo people are on HoL! That's not nice.

Doors: 16.00
Royal Blood: 17.30 - 18.00
Miles Kane: 18.30 - 19.10
Tame Impala: 19.40 - 20.30
Arctic Monkeys: 21.00
Curfew: 22.30

It was very loud and went on for quite a long time. At one pointed they definitely turned it up.

I work at home and even with windows closed, it was annoying. I'm moving out for 2 days….  I'll do the same again for next lot of concerts. Can I claim a council tax rebate as compensation? 

"I'm moving out for 2 days….  I'll do the same again for next lot of concerts."

But not, I hope, exiting  before making complaints. Or at least drawing the attention of Haringey and Islington council staff in Licensing and in Noise Control.

And please do so now. After the next round of savage cuts there may be fewer of those staff around.

Your voice  may also help those residents who haven't an option of moving out temporarily.  Who have to stay put and fume.

And please see Zena's comment here.

I live on Summerhill Rd in N15 and even i could hear it ! !!?!?!?!?!?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service