Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Haringey have just launched this app - you can find it in the App Store.

Based on the Love Clean Streets initiative, an app (application) has been developed for smart phones called Our Haringey. This app allows anyone living, working or visiting the borough to report street-based problems to the council in just a few clicks on their phone.
The app has been developed by a team across IT, Single Frontline and Communications and has been trialled with a group of residents and officers.
The app is compatible with most iPhone and Android smart phones (i.e. not Windows or Blackberry phones).
How to download
The Our Haringey app is available for free download in the App Store for iPhone and the Play Store for Android phones. Just search for it in those respective stores. Once downloaded, you need to register with your email address and validate this from your email account. Please be aware that as part of the registration process it can take several hours for your account to be validated.

How does it work?
The app allows issues to be reported in a few simple steps:
The app uses the GPS in your phone to locate your position.
You can then take a photo of the issue you wish to report. If someone else has already reported the same issue it will be shown on the app, saving you from duplicating the report.
You then add a description of the issue and any location information which may help our teams find the problem (the ‘hashtag’ box can be ignored if you wish);
You then select a category for your issue from the drop-down list (see list below).

Once you submit a report you will receive an automatic confirmation from the Love Clean Streets system. Your report then goes directly into the council’s Confirm system, or goes to Veolia where applicable. Depending on the issue reported, you will receive another email to confirm works are in progress, and a final confirmation when works have been completed.

The GPS location ensures only Haringey issues are sent through to us. If the app is used outside the borough, issues are sent to the relevant authority by the Love Clean Streets system.

What can be reported?
The categories you can report issues against are:

· Damaged street furniture
· Dead animals
· Dog fouling
· Dumped rubbish
· Gullies (drains)
· Fly posting
· Graffiti
· Lighting, lit signs and lit bollards
· Litter, street cleaning
· Manhole covers
· Overgrown Hedges & Shrubs
· Paths & Pavements
· Potholes
· Recycling Banks
· Road markings - white
· Road markings - yellow
· Road defects
· Signs
·

Tags for Forum Posts: love clean streets app, our haringey app

Views: 1933

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well that dumping has been cleaned up now but the report is still showing with a status of open and completed no, which is the same as what happened with the old Love Clean Streets app. As much as i think it could be a handy app there is no evidence that reporting this using it made any difference at all and it seems more likely that the regular street cleaners just sorted it out.

The live map under this week's reports is quite a useful tool since like FMS it enables us to see what has been reported and get an overview of the issues. 

To be fair to the app, even if you report via the website, there is no way of telling if your report is the one that made them clear it up. Equally a street cleaner or another reporter could have been the trigger. That has never put me off from reporting though. Better that several people report rather than everyone assume that its being done by someone else and the problem doesn't get fixed. Someone is definitely monitoring this since my front garden report has been 'blanked' out as its being dealt with directly by enforcement and I had a phone call yesterday. 

We really need to find out WHO is meant to mark that a problem has been solved since most of this work will be Veolia's business. What is the mechanism for Veolia reporting a job is done and then getting the info to the LCS map?

If the app reports are actually used then I don't mind at all if some other report is what got something cleaned up first, but from the evidence we have - all the weeks and months old open uncompleted reports on the website - these app reports don't appear to be used at all, and that makes it feel a bit pointless. As you say it would be great to understand if thats the case or  what is the (failing) mechanism for reporting a job is done.

After this thread i raised a problem report with the council asking why the reports didn't get updated or closed, and i've just received an email back saying thanks for pointing this out, its a bug in the app and its now been fixed and reports should start showing the correct state. So result! Go and try it.

If the Love Clean Streets/Our Haringey apps were used effectively, I would assume Veolia would be going around and collecting the dumped rubbish based on the reports they receive via these apps. They would have an on-board computer which tells them the location of the fly tipping that they can then sign off as collected. This would have the added benefit of giving the council some sort of assurance that Veolia are meeting their service agreement. In your case, I would tend to agree with you that the street cleaners have simply collected the rubbish instead.

What's the app called? I can't find it, do you have a link?

You have to look for it in the App Store.

That's odd...The App Store was where I was looking...found it now via Alan's link.

I couldn't find it on the Council's website either. (Maybe they need to tighten the string between the two tin cans?)

But I did track it down here.

It also explains that if you haven't got a smartphone or an App (whatever that may be)  you can still go round to grandma & grandpa and use their old-fashioned desktop machine. Retro, eh?

Thanks Alan - I couldn't find it on the Haringey Council website either!

I tried reporting the broken wall outside the infant's on Pemberton before the summer direct through the council's own problem reporting page. 

As far as I can remember I never received a response beyond the standard one that comes with any such reports. The big chunk of masonry that was lying in the road is still lying in the road. I was going to report it (again), but the reality is who really has time to keep chasing if things cannot be remediated first time round?

I will give it a go and see if it works.

Again, Justin, that's one big advantage of FixMyStreet - and I'm pleased to say - at least partly with the new Haringey App.

The photo and report is online, So other people can view it. Potentially at least, you're no longer just one person sending in a report to a large faceless bureaucratic organisation.

In the particular example you give, you might also be helping a driver whose car was damaged by the chunk of masonry lying in the road and who'd like to sue the Council for negligence. Or worse, a cyclist who had a bad accident.

A final thought, unless the wall of the chicane is broken, is the masonry from the school's wall?

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor till May 2014)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service