Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Legal funding to fight Prevention of Harassment Letter over St Ann's Labour Fraud

I've decided that I am going to go ahead with the legal fight.

Bindmans have estimated that their initial advice on the Prevention of Harassment Letter will be up to £1,500. Funds are needed in advance, before Bindmans can start work. If anyone wants to contribute, Bindmans’ bank details are:

National Westminster Bank plc
Sort Code: 60 12 14
Client Account No: 30366658

When transferring funds, please use the reference JS McMullan.

I intend to fully recover costs and will be donating your money to St Mungos unless you tell me you'd like it back if I win.

I estimate that I'll have to put up £500 of my own money and then a further few thousand if Bindmans go ahead.

Tags for Forum Posts: election2014, fraud, labour, st ann's labour, stanns

Views: 5885

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So this is being investigated by Haringey MPS. They have a letter from my solicitor asking why the notice was issued (you'd think they'd have that on file wouldn't you?). Apparently there are a bunch of them being disputed. Anyone else know of any others who have been issued one of these in Haringey recently?

My solicitor sent a letter to the police on the 9th of April asking for the evidence, i.e. on what grounds they issued the Harassment Notice. They replied back on Friday last week saying that yes they did issue a notice and no they would not rescind it. She has written to them today asking for this again. She also pointed out to me that the deadline for judicial review (and here we're looking at enough money to put a deposit on a house on the ladder) is the 10th of May so I'm not going to make that. They'd want a further £5000 on account to pursue that option anyway.

After a twitter exchange with the borough commander this afternoon my solicitor received an email with some scanned and redacted copies of the evidence and discussions around the issuance of the Harassment Notice against Phil K and I. I'll wait until I speak to her again on Monday morning but it's very interesting and so I'm hoping to be able to publish excerpts online.

Oh and it wasn't five thousand pounds to pursue the judicial review, it was fifty thousand.

I'm just too scared to make a comment until I talk to my solicitor on Monday. The whole thing just looks very weird and after what happened to Nilgun I'm a little freaked.

Let's please wait until John has seen his lawyer. This whole issue isn't going to go away any time soon. It's exposed a lot more than vote-rigging.

I've had a call from my solicitor's assistant saying that Supt Presland is unhappy that I am tweeting about this. I've only commented here as you can see to say I got it (well I have been complaining that I don't have it) and that I'm waiting to speak to my solicitor. Have a good weekend people.

This whole issue isn't going to go away any time soon. It's exposed a lot more than vote-rigging.

Yes, I agree, Here, there are genuine civil liberties issues at stake and members of the public who've contributed to John's fighting fund express their concern in a practical way. The civil liberty in question is freedom of speech – and the role of the Police.

And BTW Alan, I'm happy with my Party's stance on Civil Liberties.

Disclosure:
I am a prospective councillor candidate
Highgate Ward | Liberal Democrat Party

I therefore challenge your party to come on here and support or dissociate from your view on the freedoms and civil rights of the thousands of Council staff. I am requesting your evidence of their breaking of the Local Government and Housing Act 1989 (if you have managed to read it yet) and how you obtained it. The relevant trade unions should take legal advice on a potential breach of Article 9 10 and 11 of the Convention by Liberal Democrat members of Haringey Council - yes Clive all sitting members are classed as employer irrelevant of party affiliation.

Emine Ibrahim
The Labour Party Candidate (Harringay Ward)

"...The relevant trade unions should take legal advice on a potential breach of Article 9 10 and 11 of the Convention..." etc etc etc etc

Emina, this is so not the real you.  I do not for a second believe that you are the originator of this post--in its entirity the language is all wrong. 

Look Emina, when I met you at the hustings I got the impression that you are a genuinely good kid, but from your posts I can also see that you are taking instruction from your political masters and just typing out the words they give you.  Don't let them do this to you.  Somewhere behind all that political loyalty is an original individual.  Let her out!

Lydia Rivlin: Conservative Party Candidate, Harringay Ward.

Hi Lydia

I don't speak in the same way I write because you are probably referring to my "sound of the bow bells" accent. If not I am not quite sure what you mean.

Emine Ibrahim
Labour Party Candidate (Harringay Ward)

"you are probably referring to my 'sound of the bow bells' accent."

Absolutely not.  I don't think people here in the south realise how irrelevant London accents are to people from Yorkshire.  It is not true to say that all SE accents sound the same, but to be truthful, pretty dam' close.

No, I was referring to the difference in phraseology, construction, vocabulary.  Absolutely everything in that message screams at me the voice of someone other than yourself.  It was like one of those Chinese karate movies with the bad dubbing.

Lydia Rivlin: Conservative Candidate - Harringay Ward

Funny isn't it, Emine?  A younger woman with a Cockney accent isn't taken seriously when she writes something authoritative from her own professional background. Surely you couldn't have this understanding and knowledge yourself?  It "screams"  that someone else must have written it for you! 

It's a great pity that neither Clive nor Lydia have anything useful to say about the substantive issue but use it as a peg to hang old gripes and prejudices. The issue is that a process - a Harassment:  Police Information Notice” aimed at preventing criminal behaviour (stalking) now appears to be used - not just in Haringey - as a way of hampering legitimate free speech and political action.

I realise the police are in a difficult position - having been strongly criticised in specific and disturbing cases. But there is a need for far greater clarity in this area of law.

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service