Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

As per here.

Went to Durazzo, in between Falkland and Frobisher, today as we saw it when we walked to TPL tube earlier and decided to try it out as I've been hoping for more breadth of establishments opening up this end of Green Lanes.

Very well presented inside, very attentive staff and honest prices. Chef came over and introduced himself to us and he is indeed Albanian, however said that he and his business partner worked for some years in a true bred Italian restaurant. They have been open for four days.

Food is good, nothing to set the world on fire. Tasty and substantial and great as an alternative place to eat on a weekday. Prices are approx £6-7 for Pasta, £7-8 for Pizza (large) and £9-10 for Entrees. 

The chef gave us a menu so we can order and stroll down the road to pickup, which is something we will do if we want takeaway Pizza to support the place.

Free Amaretto always helps  

Tags for Forum Posts: durazzo

Views: 5743

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Coming from a family with Italian heritage, I tend to be disappointed with a lot of Italian restaurants. I'll definitely be trying out this place next time I fancy a meal out, though!

We went last night and bumped in to Mairi.  The food was fantastic - huge pizza with loads of topping.  My kids had pasta napoli which was very tasty and I had a chicken dish.  Large portions and the place was buzzing with approx 70% of the tables full.  We had a minor blip with our order in that we had to repeat the order to the waiter but this was quickly forgotten about by us however the chef presented us with a delicious garlic bread/pizza as compensation.  I agree it is similar to Biancas but at the opposite end of Harringay!

I went on Saturday night with my family plus my parents who were staying over. I thought it was very good, similar to Bianca (which I love) but a slightly larger menu and better food (although I still prefer Bianca's tartar sauce). We had a mixture of calamari, pizza, pasta and salad all of which was delicious, particularly the seafood pasta. Didn't have dessert  - we were all too stuffed! I'll be going back for sure. Had to pay cash, not sure if they are just waiting for a card terminal to arrive.

I have also noticed there's a new Italian café under construction on West Green Road, just past Autograf, the Polish restaurant (which is very good as well). I will be interested to see what this place will be like.

....and it's a big thumbs up from me. I'm always sceptical when I read restaurant reviews, but the weight of opinion here meant I just had to follow the crowd and try this one out. 

First I was pleasantly surprised by the decoration. It's a pleasant environment suitable for the sort of place it is and you feel cosy and comfortable. Then there's the crew.  Chef Billy, his business partner Abdyl, Billy's wife Klotilda and Italian waitress Viviana. They're all very friendly and really want to see you have a good time. They're also making efforts to make the place child friendly and have begun by providing things like crayons and pictures to colour in.

Last but not least, there's the food - and here's the rub - I had my weather vane Fiorentina pizza and it really was very good; fresh ingredients, good dough base with a bit of bite to the tooth and a nice crispy finish, a rich but not overpowering tomato base and good fresh ingredients.

I sit here having eaten far more than I intended. Usually I can do just half or two thirds of a pizza; this one I had to finish. Hats off to you; long may you guys reign over Queen's Parade.

I went with a friend last night and was very pleased - very fresh ingredients and I ordered the linguine frutti ai mare (sp!) which was absolutely delicious - and packed with clams, mussels, shrimp and king prawns. An amazing amount of seafood for £8.20. The house red (£9.70) was very drinkable, and we were given a free basket of pizza bread too which was delicious. Two main courses, a shared starter and a bottle of wine for £30 - not bad! Not to mention great service and free olives too. I'll definitely be going again.

Another big thumbs up from me. We went last night. The place was busy, the service was lovely. The pizza and pasta were very good. Simple fresh salad. Very decent house white for £9. Two of us had a very good meal, with a bottle of wine for £26. At those prices they will need to be busy - but they certainly deserve to to be. 

Echoing others’ comments, three of us went for dinner at Durazzo last night and were really impressed:very  enjoyable food with generous portions and plenty of choice, friendly service and a nice atmosphere too. A very welcome addition to the area.

We've had two good meals here so far. Great pizza and pasta at very reasonable prices. Their house wine is really nice. Our small children have also enjoyed their pre-dinner colouring-in session. The daytime deal they are offering is also good value -5.90 pizza/pasta and soft drink; with about five or so to choose from. Will definitely become a regular customer.

Thought I'd add a photo of the huge, yummy calzone I had:

I saw one of these when I was in the other day. It looked truly impressive.

It was great, I could only manage about half though because it was so rich! It was the pizza Durazzo, had ricotta and mozzarella inside (as I recall).

I m Italian as Cecilia But i wanted immediately try this restaurant and I m definitely fall in love with this one.
The pizza is one of the best I tasted in London, pasta is really nice and I think isn't expensive at all.
The size is large but it's so Gnammy that I don't want never leave it in my dish and I always leave the dish empty as It s really gnammy!!!!
My parents they like as well and they aren't easy at all.
My fiancé is Italian and he is a gm in an Italian restaurant in central London and he likes the quality of the food.
The staff is friendly and polite.
I can't ask more from a restaurant : quality,friendly,professional,genuinely.
My vote is 10/10 and the large Peroni isn't expensive.
The owner is a nice person and very polite.
I m Italian and I definitely love this place.

Good and thanks to open close at mine.
See you soon,again! :)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service