Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I've just received (at 5:35pm today) notice from the council that the Frobisher bench must be removed within 48 hours.

Sadly despite our trying they have refused to engage in any meaningful discussion on what we could do to keep it there. Some kudos to John Forde who was tasked with the job of phoning to deliver the news, he didn't sound like it was his favorite job for the week.

Views: 3517

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Something I've often wondered about too Anna Maria. A number of Green Lane shops seem to have taken over half of the pavement width. With a lot of scaffolding up at the moment it makes walking along parts of it a bit of an obstacle course. I thought the priority for pavements was their use by pedestrians, not as unpaid for extensions to the commercial area of shops.

But, Michael, as you know, across the whole borough it's a more complex question than that.

479-483 High Road Tottenham N17

A clear policy that need enforcing. What could be simpler than that.
You're right. The photo on page 80 of chapter 8 is precisely as it looks now.

Link please?

Many thanks, Andrew.

But I don't see the problem which Phil, Michael and others are on about.

It's a nicely designed document with lots of informative photos and drawings. I couldn't spot any obvious typos. And what I read is written in clear plain language. Chapter 7 - at least - was mercifully free of photos and banalities from politicians. The document is posted online so anyone with Internet access can see it. (Though as you gathered, Haringey's search function was not helpful for me.)

Hopefully they keep the original hand-signed copies in a waterproof glass cabinet in the Top Bananas' suite in River Park House. Protected from direct sunlight and insects. What more could anyone want or expect?

Action? Surely not. This is Koberville.

I also note that on page 81 the recommended cycle stands for Green Lanes are Sheffield.

Sorry to climb on my soapbox again, but I just can't understand why no one at the Council seems to able to bring themselves to call Harringay Harringay. Grr.

You're right about which name is the most sensible. Every other 'metropolitan centre' is referred to by it's neighbourhood name, rather than its high street.

Here's a post I added a while back highlighting the total confusion that would arise if the Council were to use the same naming policy around the borough that they apply to our neighbourhood. 

Green Lanes runs from Newington Green to Edmonton and beyond. How did this fraction take over?

The same is happening on Turnpike Lane as well.  I was just thinking about it. Much as I love the shops I also want to be able to walk down the pavement (an pull my bike if necessary).

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service