Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Details to follow...

Views: 1555

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's really sad, to watch from the outside, the country where I was born turn into a Banana Republic type society, more divided, nastier, poorer, more bananas than I've ever known it.

It's the duty of all other parties (as well as the decent MPs still remaining in the tory party) to work together to stop this smash and grab raid at power and society by a snide maudering bunch of dimwits (the Foreign Secretary, Minister for Brexit and Liam Fox, the dimwit in chief), who peddle pride and nationalism to an extreme that is severely distasteful.

Small town politicians like the ex-councillor from Tottenham Hale, should put away their wibbly toys and concentrate on the real battle for the future of the country and it's children.

It's now obvious that #Brexit isn't going to go as promised (well, it all was a lie and a delusion)  and the tories need a majority to secure themselves from the coming rage.

Pride always comes before a fall.

I agree, S.

She failed to secure a majority for bringing back grammar schools. I wonder if the Labour Party leader will be given any credit for that?

There is a view abroad that 24 Tory mps may be suspended due to Plod's investigation into Tory electoral spending irregularities. This may or may not be a driving force. The fact that May is on record as saying she would not call a snap election is neither here nor there as she is a stranger to truth and like many politicians only sees things in terms of how they might be to her advantage. The main problem for me is the Labour Parliamentary Party which has grown up in the Blair era and is corrupt and utterly inprincipled. They want to get rid of Corbyn and return to the old ways of lining their pockets. It is likely that Corbyn will once again be kept out of the loop by the Labour Party establishment which will seek to ensure no selection process and the imposition of pre Corbyn candidates. The vast majority of Labour members support Corbyn's policies and want to see them form the election manifesto but that may not happen. It is clear that the Right still controls the Party Machine and would happily lose the election if it meant a return to the past which saw Labour lose two elections....

I understand that people from the three main parties could face charges, not just the Conservatives.

Nothing is worse than putting a Three line whip FOR Brexit after campaigning against iit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/26/corbyn-to-impose-t...

Traitor.
The PM is reportedly refusing to join in with public televised debate, which makes sense given the looming spectre of electoral fraud, her blundering into an unnecessary grammar schools debate and subsequent climbdown , her dismal performances at PMQs and, more importantly, the unquestioning support of the non-doms, xenophobes and tax-evaders who own the finger pointing hate comics which many of our newspapers have become, she knows she can't perform and frankly doesn't need to...

Given that the focus on Labour seems to be personal and not policy-based, could the opposition parties not coalesce around a social agenda dealing with schools, NHS, jobs,housing and widening inequality whilst promoting a position of ensuring that withdrawal from Europe supports these key priorities ?

Given the lack of involvement within the political process of younger people, is it not time for a change, such as the above which might move us away from the personal, the reactive and the short term ?

Here's hoping for a triumph of imagination over opportunism and expediency for a change !

My daughter will unable to vote in this election and will be 22 before another one comes around in mid 2022. Imagining that the election was in 2020 and she could vote but was in the middle of exams away at University... it's not hard to see why young people don't vote. It's so much harder when you have an itinerant lifestyle.

Indeed.

Just call me Mystic Mug !
If only there were electronic communications systems which were accessible to young people.....

My 3 sons at university have managed..as I've bullied them into submission.
It's amazing what a campaign of " Have you registered / voted yet ?" can do on a daily basis...

I think it's about message not medium..

Pensioners voting Tory are - I'm guessing - motivated less by tuition fees, housing costs,widening inequality and job prospects than younger voters.
Make these things the focus of the campaign.

"If only there were electronic communications systems which were accessible to young people"

Oh how funny. Voting is with paper and pen, long may that continue.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service