Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Today on Green Lanes at the corner of Warham Road via Twitter.

UPDATE

Slideshow of all Francisco de Pajero's (@elarteesbasura) Harringay work below (allow a few seconds to load). See this comment and the one below it for more information on the artist:

Tags for Forum Posts: art is trash, street art

Views: 4995

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He's back again. This picture contributed by Matt Buxton:

Here's another one that I saw on Brampton Road last night.

Saw the artist in action on Monday evening, busy creating a piece on Park Rd. Another HOL member with me at the time, got a picture of the artist in action, which he may get around to posting.

Nice one, Neil!

Slideshow of all Harringay work now added above in original post.

Can't we encourage dealers to fly-in from Miami - or anywhere else - to take away these "pieces"? Must be worth a few quid if provenance is confirmed by experts.

This type of Art is Fantastic. It lightens up the soul. It brings comedy to a some what depressing aspect of living in a throw away society. I say it is "Blue Peter", the TV programe some of us grew up with using the streets as our playground of making something out of nothing,

It was great what the old Blue Peter lot got us making out of old loo rolls and empty squeezy washing up liquid containers. Never a dull moment. And all those milk bottle tops for guide dogs! 

Here today gone tomorrow. I wonder if politicians could use this type of art to leaflet their public?  

It's a nice thought, Ann.

But isn't the stuff "here today, gone tomorrow"  because, in all weathers and unsocial hours, some people lug it or sweep it off the streets into trucks? Taking it to Edmonton to be incinerated. 

As a party leaflet deliverer myself I'm unhappy if this means political parties are allowed to add our leaflets to the street litter. Bad enough when it's pinned to trees, or pasted on walls or phone cabinets. So please let's avoid plastic bags with arms and legs and photos of pols on Haringey's pavements.

(Though bag-of-unidentified-dubious-garbage would be an accurate description of some candidates.)

On the other hand, Ann, maybe you mean: let's have some art in our politics. In which case I'm with you!

So, yes, please, for beautifully designed, original, witty, leaflets, posters and window bills. Yes to photos which offer a fresh perspective and try to tell truths about local issues. Plus video of course. And how about a few plays and poems? And even some new songs, instead of dreary chanting.

What do we want?
Same old slogans.
When do we want them?
Now and always.

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor)

Don't you see some of the art which we have seen is in my eyes is very witty . I am sure the artist then takes some images of his work,which could be used if paid for by some political party in posters advertising things such as recycling. Is that what you could call irony ?

"Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone."

It has been said that,'One man's rubbish is another man's treasure'.

There has always been some type of art in politics some of which has been very creative!!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service