Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I got my leaflet today stating that from October you have to pay £75 a year for garden waste collection. Further bulk collections will cost £25 for 4 items then £10 per item. If the dustman break your wheelie bin or you don't have one you have to pay £30.

I rang Haringey who transferred me to veola. Veola say it's Haringey council who decided they need to save 20 million for social care.

I am disgusted. I have lived in this borough for 53 years and all this is going to do is make people dump rubbish in the streets in a borough that has the worst fly tipping in England.

As far as saving money for social care, already the council tax bill went up to cover this. Haringey council should stop wasting money on other things.

I for one will not pay £75 and I suggest Haringey think again..

Tags for Forum Posts: garden waste, waste collection charges

Views: 7877

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well our two flat house with (currently) five people in, manages with two bins, one of each.  They kept trying to deliver more bins and I kept having to get them taken back.  Our black rubbish bin is seldom more than half full per fortnight.  I guess we just care a bit more, enough to manage our own waste sorting. It couldn't be much easier, other places make you sort glass, plastic etc. 

(Insert moan about neighbours who pile up multiple bins with mixed rubbish every day and most likely are the mattress dumpers too.)

Can we organise a meeting with all three Harringay councillors ? Zena is contributing to the discussion ( thanks  ) but nothing heard from the other two.

Remember, the councillors are supposed to  represent us and support us in our dealings with the Council: they are not there to represent and support the Council to us.

Good idea. It might work in Harringay, as two of the three don't seem to be treading water, but sadly I feel the only person a councillor represents us themselves.

I'm happy with a meeting. When do you want to meet up? Once we have a date, then we can find a venue.

Zena

Zena Brabazon

Cllr, Harringay ward

I'll mail Gina and Emina and see what they say.

To get an idea of numbers for a venue, could residents who would be interested in attending a meeting with our councillors to discuss problems with Dumping, Veolia performance and the effect of the introduction of charges for garden waste and bulky objects please say so here ?

Thanks Peter. Let's see how it goes.

A petition is a good idea
I can't find it

Well done for all this...have alerted 3 community sites in case they've not seen it.

Signed and shared on Facebook plus the Wood Green and Tottenham FAcebook group
I'm in

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service