Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I've only skimmed through part of this, but it looks like an excellent paper, bang on message with the sorts of things I've been going on about.

Do at least take a look at the attached summary booklet.

If you'd like to download the whole deal visit this page on the Department of Local Government & Communities w....

Tags for Forum Posts: government papers, research, study

Views: 29

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've only read the summary so far but this is really good stuff. There's food for thought here across most of the threads pursued so far on HOL, and meat for discussion for at least fifty weekly Area Assembly meetings per year. (No, I'm not wearing my satirical cynic's mask at the moment. Just my naive self.)
Good heavens, have you read this thing, people? It's amazing, there is money and apparently political will at the top to give us much of what we say we want at a neighbourhood level and what is more we are already doing it, through this website,organizing local community events, petitions. They are even talking localized budgets to target WARD priorities. No more scrabbling for Making the difference money while the council spend the rest on bottled water and magazines with their pictures in (okay I exagerate a little), we will be entitled to spend money in the way we need to. It's a matter of standing up and getting counted, come on lets get stuck in...the area assembly's would never be the same again. Naive Eddie, so what? There's still a little twinkle of idealism in all our eyes and why not?
Good to hear your take on this, Liz. Surprised nobody else had jumped on it with loud huzzahs of hallelujahs since Hugh posted it a week ago. Even the summary is such a paragon of clarity that we've no excuse for ignoring it.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service