Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'wood green history' (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The dying days of south Mayes Road

A few years back I wrote a piece about the origins of Mayes Road. Searching for something else this morning, I came across the seventies BB…

Started by Hugh

10 Mar 4, 2022
Reply by Christine Yates

The Origin of Mayes Road, Wood Green

I've been digging round in the history of Wood Green somewhat recently. As part of that I've turned up more historic images of Wood Green.…

Started by Hugh

34 Apr 23, 2021
Reply by Hugh

Palace Gates to Seven Sisters – The lost railway line from Bounds Green, 1878 – 1963

Picture: A regular stalwart of the line - ex-LNER Class N7/5, 0-6-2T No. 69646  in BR livery circa 1960 – built in 1926 and finally scrapp…

Started by Richard Matz

57 Mar 5, 2021
Reply by John Hough

Video Review of the architecture of the Gaumont Palace Cinema, Wood Green

Started by Hugh

2 Feb 21, 2021
Reply by John Shulver

The man who loved pigeons

Catching up on my Bruce Castle Museum local history mail outs and being particularly interested in the ones that relate to Natural History,…

Started by Liz

2 Aug 27, 2020
Reply by Xavier

1898 - Watching the trains go by on a summers day at Wood Green Station

Let’s go back in time 122 years! It’s the summer of 1898, and we’re briefly at Wood Green (now Alexandra Palace) railway station for some V…

Started by Richard Matz

1 Apr 30, 2020
Reply by Hugh

Tudor House & Tudor Chambers, Station Road, Wood Green

Edith's Streets mentions this faux Tudor structure as being previously sited where Wood Green Customer Service Centre and Homes for Haringe…

Started by Richard Matz

3 Jan 24, 2020
Reply by Raymond Coggin

Wood Green or Woodgreen?

According to Colonel Sir Henry James, Superintendent of the Ordnance Survey in the 1860s, Woodgreen/Wood Green in Tottenham (as it hen was)…

Started by Hugh

1 Apr 19, 2019
Reply by Lydia Walter

Lost Pubs and The Bricklayers Arms, Edith Road (behind the Springfield Tavern)

Local historian, Albert Pinching (**doffs cap **), briefly mentions this pub on the estate behind The Springfield Tavern so your 'umble ob…

Started by Richard Matz

7 Apr 1, 2019
Reply by Richard Matz

The Changing Years: The History and Development of Wood Green

A silent film with written commentary researched for London’s Screen Archives by Zoe Roberts in Spring 2017 London Screen Archives

Started by Richard Matz

0 Aug 26, 2018

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service