Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'scam' (58)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sainsbury food scales - highly dodgy

I was just in Sainsbury's and after weighing some broccoli and thinking it was a bit pricey, I tried the other food scales. Here are the re…

Started by adamvietnam

16 Nov 11, 2022
Reply by Sarah

Scam caller on Fairfax Road on 21 Feb

Mixed race male in his 20s claiming to part of a scheme for ex offenders selling cleaning products door to door. There’s no such scheme and…

Started by Steve

8 Feb 26, 2022
Reply by Geraldine

Another scam?

Anyone else had this one? Got an automated call on landline, says it's BT and there has been suspicious activity so they are cutting off ph…

Started by Ruth

17 Jan 15, 2021
Reply by John Shulver

Warning Sainsbury parking fines

Sainsbury Harringay is no longer open 24 hours and now opens at 7am. However if you park more than 10 minutes before opening you will be st…

Started by Rob

12 Oct 24, 2020
Reply by JJ B

Fake charity doorstep rubbish clearance

A man has been going door-to-door along Burghley Road for the last month or three offering garden rubbish clearance in exchange for cash fo…

Started by Tom Hamshere

0 May 2, 2018

Nextdoor.co.uk is it a scam

we received a note through the door for a website called Nextdoor.co.uk I read some bad reviews about this site, does anyone know more? Is…

Started by Brin

13 Feb 15, 2017
Reply by Philip

Late night callers

Just a word of warning...there are people, and one lady in particular who are knocking on doors fairly late in the evening usually asking f…

Started by Stella Cattini

11 Jul 24, 2015
Reply by Julia

People coming to door offering free loft insulation from the Council

A young man came to my door in Hewitt Road a few minutes ago, he mentioned the council and that I may be entitled to free loft insulation,…

Started by Alison

31 Mar 28, 2015
Reply by Cris

Indian fortune teller scam

I live in the harringay ladders and had a knock on the door from an Indian man (mid to late 30's with a beard) around 2.30pm yesterday clai…

Started by Dee Paterson

13 Jan 10, 2015
Reply by Geraldine

Scam Technicians Trash Computer

Here's another very good reason to take great care when you get a call out of the blue offering help with your computer. Nasty this one. Re…

Started by Hugh

5 Jun 3, 2013
Reply by Marek

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service