Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'councillors' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Who owns our streets? Our neighbourhoods? Who has the right to make changes?

Before I start I should point out that, while I agree with the writer, the words at the end of this post are not my words but those of Lond…

Started by Liz

5 Feb 19, 2021
Reply by JJ B

6.6% increase in special responsibility allowances for Haringey's 'elite' councillors

The Full Council meeting of Haringey Council on 14th May approved increases in both the Basic Allowance for all councillors and the Special…

Started by Martin Ball

8 May 17, 2015
Reply by Alan Stanton

Programme on Radio Four tomorrow (evening) about vote rigging in UK local elections

Might be of interest to us? http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03xf0gt

Started by Laura

5 Mar 10, 2014
Reply by John McMullan

iPads for Councillors

Following up a story in the Standard on how the London Borough of Havering giving 17 of their Councillors I-pads.  They were also looking a…

Started by Hugh

17 Jul 2, 2011
Reply by Chris Setz

A reading list for new councillors?

The Economist recently regretted that in the General Election, the main parties lacked big new ideas. It looked back to 1997 and Will Hutto…

Started by Alan Stanton

14 Sep 23, 2010
Reply by Justin Hinchcliffe

Is it a good thing to have a cabinet member in your ward?

Alan Stanton mentioned in this post that councillors actually don't have much power. They appear to act more as an advocate for their const…

Started by John McMullan

5 Mar 29, 2010
Reply by Adam

Register of Councillors' Interests

The Local Government Act (2000) requires that the Council establishes and maintains a register of interests of councillors and co-opted mem…

Started by Hugh

2 Mar 12, 2010
Reply by Hugh

21st Century councillors

So, if you read Hugh's post last year and took up the challenge to try and be a councillor ,or maybe you are already a councillor,  find ou…

Started by Liz

1 Feb 15, 2010
Reply by Omotn

Glum Councillors

"This blog will doggedly collate images of councillors looking glum whilst pointing at holes in the road, wearing hard hats or presenting o…

Started by Dan McQuillan

7 Aug 28, 2009
Reply by Elin

David Lammy one of top 10 most influential politicians on Twitter

@DavidLammyMP has been named as one of the top 10 Westminster tweeters by the Independent Harringay councillors Carolyn and Karen are al…

Started by Liz

2 Jul 28, 2009
Reply by Liz

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service