Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The Local Government Act (2000) requires that the Council establishes and maintains a register of interests of councillors and co-opted members.

Haringey’s Code of Conduct for councillors, adopted on 21 May 2007 and overseen by the Standards Committee, requires councillors to register their financial and other interests in the maintained register.

Disappointing then that of our six councillors only Councillors Adamou and Alexander seem to have completed the register. See the register at
Councillors' Register of Interests

Attached to this post is a the Councillors' Handbook which tells you what they're told after they're elected (officially at least!). You'll see that the code of conduct requires the completion of their Regsiter of Intersts entry 21 days after their election!

Tags for Forum Posts: 2010 local election, 2010 local elections, council, councillors

Views: 35

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can I please link this to the thread here and explain that there is a Register on paper which is available to the public on request. In fact, all councillors must - and do - complete this Register.

What Hugh was correctly referring to in September 2007 was the online version of this Register. Councillors are not legally required to agree to their Register entries appearing online. (Though, obviously, in the interests of transparency, we should be.)

In 2007 a few still did not. From May 09 all Labour councillors gave permission for the online version. In my linked post I raise the problem that currently, entries in the Register are not always dated.

(Labour councillor & prospective candidate Tottenham Hale ward.)
Thanks Alan.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service