Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'council' (97)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A reading list for new councillors?

The Economist recently regretted that in the General Election, the main parties lacked big new ideas. It looked back to 1997 and Will Hutto…

Started by Alan Stanton

14 Sep 23, 2010
Reply by Justin Hinchcliffe

People dumping rubbish outside my house

Hello Sorry this is an exceptionally boring discussion but I've only recently moved onto the Ladder. And several times a week, we are find…

Started by RNM

6 Sep 3, 2010
Reply by Joe Bailey

Government response to Crowdsourcing "a failure"

Coalition 'crowdsourcing' attempts 'a failure' The Telegraph reports that "The first attempt by the Coalition government at “crowdsourcing…

Started by Clive Carter

18 Aug 15, 2010
Reply by Hugh

Claims that a quarter of council tax is going on gold-plated council pensions

A QUARTER of all council tax is going to meet the soaring cost of the gold-plated pensions of town hall workers, it was revealed yesterday…

Started by Clive Carter

13 Jul 23, 2010

Haringey Council Children's Services

I NOTE that Old-Age Emporium(OAE)'s posting about Haringey Council Children's Services appears to have been removed. OAE quoted from the re…

Started by Clive Carter

7 May 5, 2010

Register of Councillors' Interests

The Local Government Act (2000) requires that the Council establishes and maintains a register of interests of councillors and co-opted mem…

Started by Hugh

2 Mar 12, 2010
Reply by Hugh

Any burning questions for your local council candidates?

At the most recent HOL group meeting (more from Hugh about this here) we debated the idea of carrying out short interviews, probably video,…

Started by Alison P

19 Feb 27, 2010
Reply by Hugh

Haringey Council sent foster child to live with the ringleader of the Heathrow bomb plotters

JUST when you thought you'd heard it all ... Haringey sent foster child to live with ringleader of the Heathrow bomb plotters . .

Started by Clive Carter

10 Sep 16, 2009

When was your road first messed with by the council?

All the roads North of Frobisher Rd became one way in the summer of 2002, I think. What about the rest of the ladder? When were the garde…

Started by John McMullan

22 Apr 1, 2009
Reply by Laura

Council needs to get its priorities right; Child 'C'

HARINGEY council spends too much on promoting itself through PR and not enough on what it supposed to be doing. The Evening Standard report…

Started by Clive Carter

21 Feb 8, 2009
Reply by Clive Carter

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service