Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'new river' (105)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New River footpath re-opened

I was able to go for my favourite local walk today - along the New River footpath from Green Lanes (opposite the park) to Seven Sisters Roa…

Started by Maddy

18 Sep 3, 2011
Reply by Hugh

Footpath closed

Tried to do my favourite canal/reservoir circular walk yesterday, but the New River path is now closed between Green Lanes and Seven Sister…

Started by Maddy

0 Jun 21, 2011

New River - cloudy not clear!

Just noticed that the river, usually clear enough to see the bottom, is completely cloudy/milky. Run off from recent rains? Silt or pollut…

Started by Nicholas

8 Sep 28, 2010
Reply by Liz

New river boundary

Hi, have just moved to the haringay ladder, next to the 'new river'. Has anyone got any advice or info about living with it? Responsibilty…

Started by Nicholas

11 Jun 26, 2010
Reply by Barbara Kentish

New River path in Finsbury Park

I was looking just now at this photo which has been added to Harringay Online's Flickr group. It shows how attractive the section of the…

Started by Hugh

2 Jun 14, 2010
Reply by Hugh

new river carnage

I was walking back home from Hornsey along the new river yesterday, entrance by hornsey station approach. And was struck by the use of be…

Started by dan burgess

6 Jun 3, 2010

Harringay in Poetry

Internationally acclaimed poet Katherine Gallagher spent a period as "poet in residence" at Railway Fields. During that time she wrote Summ…

Started by Hugh

6 May 5, 2010
Reply by matthew cuthbert

Haringey action plan to promote wildlife in the Borough

A new action plan to promote wildlife in the borough has been launched by Haringey Council. The Haringey Biodiversity Action Plan sets out…

Started by Liz

8 Feb 24, 2010

Swan crash-lands on Pemberton (Archive)

A swan crash landed on Pemberton Road, a residential street which forms part of the 'Harringay Ladders'. The bird, a male mute swan, was at…

Started by Hugh

0 Jan 16, 2010

A perfect Sunday?

This Time Out list of 40 things to do in London on a Sunday might give you some ideas or you might just do like us and buy an apple pie at…

Started by Liz

10 Oct 11, 2009
Reply by Alan Stanton

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service