Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (996)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Some fascinating tidbits of history about Ally Pally & Park

There was an interesting blog post on Edith's Streets yesterday crammed with fascinating tidbits of history about Alexandra Park and Pal…

Started by Hugh

1 Apr 6, 2012
Reply by Billy Clark

Big Tidy Up in Fairland Park

On such a lovely day where better to spend your Sunday morning than with your neighbours in Fairland Park doing a quick litter pick, a bit…

Started by Liz

8 Apr 2, 2012
Reply by matt

Shisha bars must flag up health risks says Council

Smoking a shisha waterpipe for one hour involves inhaling 100 times the smoke inhaled from a single cigarette, warns Haringey's Cabinet Me…

Started by HoL Site Admin

18 Apr 2, 2012
Reply by Ruth

Hornsey Church Tower: Bottom-up and Top Down

A few snaps from today's open day. Click the pictures to see clearer versions:       The fireplace under the tower in what I was told wo…

Started by Hugh

0 Mar 31, 2012
Reply by Hugh

My visit to the Newroz Festival in Finsbury Park

Me and mine walked down to Finsbury Park tube via the Newroz Festival this afternoon. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Earlier in the we…

Started by Hugh

7 Mar 30, 2012
Reply by Suze

Hornsey National Hall reborn - a first look

Thanks to Lesley for her post yesterday about the work that's been undertaken to the Hornsey National Hall to turn it into a Turkish Commun…

Started by Hugh

2 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by anna g

Schools bring recycled beasts sculpture to Crouch End

A project funded through the Making the Difference Fund and waste contractor, Veolia Environmental Services, has brought "Beautiful Beas…

Started by Hugh

0 Mar 21, 2012

Harringay based newspaper plans birthday celebration in Parliament

The Telegraf, published from an office on Green Lanes, is the only newspaper in the UK offered in both Kurdish and Turkish languages. It…

Started by Hugh

0 Mar 12, 2012

Two people under train on Piccadilly Line this weekend

A person died after being hit by a train at Finsbury Park Tube station yesterday morning. The incident is the second of its kind on the Pic…

Started by Hugh

0 Mar 12, 2012

Harringay factory providing employment for disabled people to be closed by Government

Trade unions and Labour MPs reacted with anger yesterday after the government announced the closure of two in three of the remaining Remplo…

Started by Hugh

1 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by pamish

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service