Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (996)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Superb Pictures of the Stoke Newington Reservoirs

Posting about a couple of forthcoming bird walks around the East Reservoir, I came across some superb pictures by Mark Pearson on The Birds…

Started by Hugh

0 Sep 19, 2012

Plans for Crouch End farmers’ market scrapped after residents' groups object

The plans for a new farmers’ market in Crouch End we reported on recently have been scrapped following opposition from residents who feared…

Started by Hugh

4 Sep 19, 2012

Man attempts suicide by lying on tracks at Harringay

In the second local 'person and train' incident this week, a man lay on the tracks at Harringay station on Wednesday afternoon in an appa…

Started by Hugh

18 Sep 19, 2012
Reply by Clive Carter

Harringay hosts Dutch team with a 'Walking Dinner'

Shefik Mehmet, chair of the Harringay Traders, briefs the Dutch group before taking them on one of his famed "Walking Dinners"   Today I wa…

Started by Hugh

0 Sep 17, 2012

Ally Pally Welcomes Graffiti by Banksy Arch Rival

Photo Copyright Stephen Middleton via Flickr   Team Robbo is one of the UK's most prominent a graffiti crews. Originally formed in 2010, it…

Started by Hugh

9 Sep 10, 2012

Stapleton Hall Tavern owners make bid for music bar behind The Queens, Crouch End

The Bonfire Band, recent guests at Stapleton Hall   Antic, owners of the Stapleton Hall Tavern in Stroud Green and many other music bars ha…

Started by Hugh

0 Sep 9, 2012

Park Theatre, Finsbury Park

I arranged to go on a tour of the Park Theatre being developed behind Finsbury Park tube station today and got the time wrong. I was lucky…

Started by Hugh

2 Sep 7, 2012
Reply by Hugh

Person trapped under train on Harringay, Green Lanes Line

A person was trapped under a train at Crouch Hill Overground station earlier this morning.  The incident happened during the morning rush…

Started by Hugh

2 Sep 4, 2012
Reply by Anette

Islamic Schools in Harringay

Photo by Safar Academy   Harringay now has two Islamic schools, both run by Safar Academy. The first branch of Safar Academy started up at…

Started by Hugh

2 Sep 2, 2012
Reply by Hugh

Royal Mail puts plans in place for Delivery to Neighbour initiative

Royal Mail is preparing to roll out its Delivery to Neighbour initiative in late September, subject to regulatory approval. The company wi…

Started by Hugh

1 Aug 20, 2012

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service