Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (1,005)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Congratulations to @SelbyTrust - shortlisted for a Sustainable City Award

Wonderful to see Tottenham's The Selby Centre being recognised for their environmental work which includes encouraging local people to grow…

Started by Liz

0 Feb 19, 2016

Rabbit hutch regeneration or how 30 flats can become 60 flats without further permission

Just before Christmas, my eye was caught by a local tweet about the former CAB office on Willoughby Road being turned into 60 flats by Paul…

Started by Liz

20 Jan 29, 2016
Reply by Alan Stanton

Echoes of Harringay: 'Useless' bike racks at Turnpike Lane are being passed off as 'art'

Image: T&WG Indy In an echo of the episode in Harringay last year, the T&WG Indy carried the following story this week: Bike racks…

Started by Hugh

18 Jan 25, 2016
Reply by Lydia R

Action to Save Wolves Lane Horticultural Centre Moves to Petition

Back in the Spring the concern of HoL members helped to kick off a borough-wide campaign to stop the Wolves Lane Horticultural centre fro…

Started by Hugh

6 Jan 22, 2016
Reply by Justin Hinchcliffe

Haringey launches search for partner for £2bn development

From Property Week yesterday, confirming a story we noted on 12 November and with interesting links to a Crossrail 2 discussion currently a…

Started by HoL Site Admin

13 Jan 14, 2016
Reply by Hugo

Crossrail 2 and Harringay Property Prices

With the Crossrail 2 consultation ending on January 8 and the related proposals for the redevelopment of Wood Green just published by the C…

Started by Hugh

5 Jan 8, 2016
Reply by paddyk

By the People for the People - Building Housing on St Ann's - Open House

I've been very impressed with the professional approach taken by a group of locals who are raising funding to buy the St Ann's site. Their…

Started by Hugh

0 Jan 7, 2016

Man shot in 'intelligence-led' Wood Green police operation

The BBC are reporting that a man has been shot during an "intelligence-led" police operation in Wood Green, Scotland Yard has said.  Full r…

Started by Hugh

3 Dec 18, 2015
Reply by Sapphireblue

Wightman Road Bridge Closure - Public Meeting

I (and I assume many others) received the attached notice by email last week about a public meeting regarding the closure of the Wightman R…

Started by Hugh

12 Dec 17, 2015
Reply by Hugh

Turner Prize-Winner to Transform Seven Sisters Tube Entrance

Image:…

Started by Hugh

6 Dec 9, 2015
Reply by John McMullan

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service