Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (1,005)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Re-development of Richard Hope Play Space in Finsbury Park to begin next month

via Haringey Council The redevelopment of the Richard Hope Play Space in Finsbury Park will start on Monday 1 February 2021, with the first…

Started by Liz

10 Feb 19, 2021
Reply by Adrian Hackney

Step Forward and work with young people in Enfield and Haringey

The HEY! Network (Haringey & Enfield Youth Network) is looking for people ready to Step Forward and spend a few hours a week helping y…

Started by HoL Site Admin

0 Feb 18, 2021

LGBT+ History Month - Remembering Bolts nightclub in Harringay

Back in 1981 young Greek entrepreneur, Nicky Price, who had previously worked as a DJ for local gay spots in North London, saw a gap in the…

Started by Hugh

0 Feb 18, 2021

Great Northern Metro Services to be reduced further during pandemic

Great Northern rail has added the following statement to its website. Train services will change from Monday 22nd February as we introduce…

0 Feb 11, 2021

Reminder that ULEZ will cover Haringey by October

Transport for London (TfL) has confirmed that from October 25, 2021, the central ULEZ (Ultra low emission zone) is increasing to create a "…

3 Feb 5, 2021
Reply by Ralph Foster

Rapid test centres for people without Covid signs move to 7 days a week in Haringey as third site set to open

Press release below: Haringey’s rapid testing sites for people who do not show any of the Covid-19 symptoms are to move to a seven day a we…

0 Jan 26, 2021

Council invites responses to final Black Boy Lane Consultation

The following is an excerpt from the consutatuin letter: I am writing to you in relation to the proposal to change the name of your street.…

Started by Hugh

0 Jan 17, 2021

Duck street art on corner of Harringay and Park Road

This may be old news* to many but I couldn't help but admire this splendid mandarin duck on Park Road as I took my first walk of 2021. The…

Started by Liz

2 Jan 7, 2021
Reply by Geraldine B

Strong wind warning issued for tonight

We’re due for very strong south-westerly winds tonight. Worth checking whether anything needs anchoring in the garden.

0 Dec 26, 2020

Largest Piano in the world, made in Harringay - Found again!

Photo: December 2020 © Andrew Giller In 1935 Challen, one of Harringay's several piano manufacturers, built the largest piano in the worl…

Started by Hugh

0 Dec 17, 2020

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service