Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local History (See History Group for main postings) (472)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The perfectly pink priory purveyor of papers and more

Photos: Google Maps (left), Local Data Company (right) Stopping to get some sushi at Kimura yesterday, we popped in to the Priory News sho…

Started by Hugh

0 May 18, 2023

Bring your drawers here luv....

Saw this on FB and thought it should be shared... https://www.facebook.com/groups/189756735166946/permalink/1483584015784205/

Started by Richard Woods

0 May 16, 2023

Edward Gray's Harringay Rubens up for $20M -$30M this month

Back in 2008, having researched Edward Gray's art collection, I put together a limited virtual gallery of his collection.  Gray's full co…

Started by Hugh

5 May 13, 2023
Reply by Hugh

I was not a little surprised to find myself suddenly surrounded with a light equal to that of the full moon, Hornsey 1754

After completing his masters degree at Cambridge in 1754, William Hirst became a navy chaplain. In April 1754, whilst living in Hornsey,…

Started by Hugh

4 May 7, 2023
Reply by Laurence

Town Hall vs the People

I've written before (but not for a long time now) about how Hornsey Council insisted on the Haringey form of the name of our neighbourhood…

Started by Hugh

7 Apr 30, 2023
Reply by Richard Woods

Hornsey Historical Society is currently looking for volunteers

The Hornsey Historical Society is currently looking for volunteers to help with the many different things they do. If you have some spare t…

Started by HoL Site Admin

0 Apr 26, 2023

Can anyone tell us more about this historic Parkland Walk protest march against a motorway?

Vaughan has posted four pictures in our gallery of an historic protest march on the Parkland Walk against a motorway proposal which it woul…

Started by Liz

5 Apr 11, 2023
Reply by Julie W

"An intriguing roller-coaster ride through life in eighteenth century Stroud Green"

The "Ancient Corporation of Stroud Green" with its 'Mayor' and 'Aldermen' was a fixture at the Stapleton Tavern in Stroud Green from 1750 t…

Started by Mike

0 Mar 22, 2023

Where did West Green's Black Boy Name Come From?

In a current discussion about Haringey Council's Review on monuments, building, place and street names in Haringey, a comment was made abou…

Started by Hugh

23 Mar 15, 2023
Reply by ARTHUR MCCLENCH

Greenway Twins 21st in 1945 - Euphoria & Relief In Knees-up for Long-Established Harringay Trader Family

Just two weeks after the end of the Second World War the Greenway family of Green Lanes in Harringay had a big knees-up to celebrate the…

Started by Hugh

9 Mar 11, 2023
Reply by Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service