Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local History (See History Group for main postings) (472)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How did the Turkish community start in the Green Lanes area?

Hello Hol community,   I'm doing a study for my course on how the Turkish community became established on Green Lanes. I'm thinking particu…

Started by Simon

12 Sep 30, 2011
Reply by L F T Snowflake

A Harringay Timeline

Knowing "my one weakness", one of my work colleagues dangled under my nose recently the thought of creating a new timeline for Harringay…

Started by Hugh

37 Sep 12, 2011
Reply by StephenBln

Another public service that was nearly named Harringay

I added a post yesterday which gave an update on the good news outcome of my stumbling over the fact that Stroud Green Library was origina…

Started by Hugh

1 Aug 21, 2011
Reply by Hugh

Mapping Blue Plaques for Harringay

In a recent discussion it was suggested that we think about suggesting some Harringay properties for a Haringey green plaque Someone could…

Started by Hugh

15 Nov 20, 2010
Reply by Brenda

Umfreville gets 2nd Virtual Blue Plaque

So the southern end of the Ladder seems to be walking it in the virtual blue plaque stakes. We just added air ace and civil aviation pion…

Started by Hugh

11 Jul 14, 2010
Reply by Hugh

How did you spend your teenage years in Harringay?

I didn't grow up in Harringay but I know there are a fair few people on the site that did so I've got a question for you .How did you spend…

Started by Liz

2 May 9, 2010

New River Tower

For discussions tagged New River Tower in the History Group, click here. (The tags in our software don't link across various parts of the w…

Started by Hugh

0 Oct 6, 2009

Finsbury Park - 140 Years Old on 7th August

I noticed over the weekend that Finsbury Park was opened on 7th August 1869 which means it will have its 140th birthday in just under two w…

Started by Hugh

4 Aug 4, 2009
Reply by Hugh

"Far Flung Wastes of Harringay"! Well, that's nice innit!

Following up a lead on a story about a two week visit of the Philadelphia Orchestra to Harringay Arena in 1949 (I know, sad git), I came ac…

Started by Hugh

1 Dec 6, 2008

Harringay Arena - closed 50 years ago today

Spare a moment for the old girl. Visit our Arena photos page. Have a look at these three old film clips- one two three. And have a quick…

Started by Hugh

16 Oct 31, 2008
Reply by Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service