Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Ideas for Better City Living (230)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

An exercise on how to gauge bias in your daily newspaper.

It's pretty evident by each newspaper's political bias, but editorial image selection just frames this perception. http://www.tolerance.or

Started by matthew cuthbert

4 Feb 11, 2016
Reply by Xavier

bet365 & Labour

THE newly stated policy to clamp down on Fixed Odds Betting Terminals, by the Labour Leader, is welcome. But given his party's links to bet…

Started by Clive Carter

79 Jan 29, 2016
Reply by Alan Stanton

M O R P H E R – folding bicycle helmet

LAST month I attended the British Inventions Show. The stand-out product was the stand by the entrance. It took me about one second to se…

Started by Clive Carter

74 Jan 20, 2016
Reply by Clive Carter

What's happening to the e-bikes scheme?

It's now two years since it was announced that " Haringey (is) to become Britain's first electric bike borough".  https://tfl.gov.uk/info-f

Started by Sean Boyle

3 Oct 30, 2015
Reply by Sean Boyle

What's up with Thorium?

An alternative to Uranium: The £24 billion build budget has spiralled at Hinkley, Thorium doesn't appear to have a contamination or decommi…

1 Oct 29, 2015
Reply by matthew cuthbert

Unsightly construction barriers and mess along the new river

On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Michael Maguire wrote: Dear Thames Water <customer.feedback@thameswater.co.uk> I live along the New…

Started by CanadianMichael

2 Sep 20, 2015
Reply by Lauren

Croydon goes for the Newham landlord licencing model

Details here. ie all private landlords need a licence, and the licence fee pays for the cost of inspectors. In this case, £350 for five yea…

Started by pamish

9 Aug 14, 2015
Reply by Hugo

New River Action Group?

I work for CleanupUK's Beautiful Boroughs Project - supporting people to clean up the areas in which they live in 10 London boroughs. I hav…

Started by Sarah - CleanupUK

0 Jul 22, 2015

Finsbury Park Life : newsletter now available

THE Friends of Finsbury Park have published the first edition of their newsletter: Finsbury Park Life. It's available on their website here…

Started by Clive Carter

0 Jul 1, 2015

These Girls Do

Monday, Sport England launched an initiative, aimed at encouraging all women – irrespective of age, skill or fitness to enjoy sport in life…

10 Jun 17, 2015
Reply by matthew cuthbert

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service