Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Ideas for Better City Living (230)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Public spaces in Britain's cities falling into private hands

Just over a year ago I added a post about the creeping privatisation of our public spaces. At the start of this week The Guardian began a p…

Started by Hugh

3 Jun 15, 2012
Reply by Christopher Fowler

Traffic Evaporation

From the latest issue of the London Cyclist: Road building programmes in the 20th century have tried to accomodate present levels of motor…

Started by John McMullan

2 Jun 12, 2012
Reply by John McMullan

Looking for fresh ideas to encourage recycling & deter litter

Is Haringey's banner on the right the greyest, most boring street banner in London?Ž How about a Montreal video as an alternative? Or what…

Started by Alan Stanton

1 Jun 9, 2012
Reply by Michael Anderson

Safe Havens

Has anyone else seen this article about Safe Havens? £100,000 has been donated  by Rupert Murdoch Tessa Jowell to kick it off. Does anybody…

Started by John McMullan

11 Jun 8, 2012
Reply by John McMullan

Dog Poo for wifi? Scoop and surf

Love this idea from Mexican internet portal Terra which is encouraging dog owners to poop and scoop by offering them free WiFi in return. T…

Started by Liz

2 Apr 27, 2012

Putting A Stop To Energy Bills That Cost The Earth " The Peoples Power"

ThePeoplesPower.co.uk, is a non-profit Community Interest Company set up to get households a fairer, more sustainable energy deal through c…

Started by Andy Newman

10 Apr 11, 2012

Gardening on Frobisher Rd

Had some daffodils going spare so here's my naive attempt at some guerrilla gardening in the hole where a tree used to be on Frobisher Rd.…

Started by ant

8 Apr 3, 2012
Reply by linka

In praise of nettles

Last Saturday, I paid my first visit to the rather lovely and very friendly Green Lens Studio in Atterbury Road for a cookery lesson with a…

Started by Liz

1 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Ruth

Opportunity to help set up transition estates

Message from Transition Finsbury Park: You may have picked up that TFP is part of a group trying to win £1 million for the Manor House are…

Started by HoL Site Admin

0 Mar 20, 2012

Sell or Give: Two new ways to get rid of your unwanted stuff

Two pieces came across my desk this week which offer very different ways to recycle stuff you no longer need or want.  The first is a ve…

Started by Hugh

1 Mar 13, 2012
Reply by MzMoore

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service